Road to Loose100

Options
Aspice4life
Aspice4life Posts: 15 Member
Once again, I'm beginning my journey to loose weight & learn to live a healthy lifestyle. No quick, crazy diet w temp results this time... going the long haul to loose 100 lbs for the last time. Looking for encouragement & suggestions for small changes to improve my health & loose the weight more & more each week.

Replies

• uoflgirl89
    uoflgirl89 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. I have about a 110lbs to lose. I am happy to provide enocuragement and support, feel free to add me and we can check in here daily to hold each one accountable. :smile:
  • jendear6
    jendear6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose about 100 lbs too. Good luck :-)
  • uoflgirl89
    Options
    So to start today off, one of the best suggestions I have ever gotten is to start small. Don't try to do a complete over haul all in one day, becasue you will never stick with it. Work on your diet and then add small bits of exercise and work your way up. I've made slight changes to my diet every few days and I find it better to stick with it. Now i am going for walks to get in my exercise and will eventually start to do more once it becomes normal to exercise. Hope everyone is having a good day. So what changes have you made so far?
  • Aspice4life
    Aspice4life Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your suggestions! So far I have started eating breakfast and pushing lunch to 2 or 3 p.m. to avoid feeling starved when I return home. I've stalked my work fridge with mostly veggies and lean meats... No breads. Still have to wk on fridge & pantry at home. As for exercising, that has become quite limited as my right knee doesn't cooperate. I am hoping to begin a series of 3 gel injections next week in lieu of having a knee replacement. Hope you have a wonderful day!
  • uoflgirl89
    Options
    I appreciate your suggestions! So far I have started eating breakfast and pushing lunch to 2 or 3 p.m. to avoid feeling starved when I return home. I've stalked my work fridge with mostly veggies and lean meats... No breads. Still have to wk on fridge & pantry at home. As for exercising, that has become quite limited as my right knee doesn't cooperate. I am hoping to begin a series of 3 gel injections next week in lieu of having a knee replacement. Hope you have a wonderful day!

I know how you feel about the knee. I have a bad knee thanks to the Army, I do injections every 6 months and they do help alot. walking is about all I can manage, no running for me ... Elliptical is also a very good friend of mine
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back again and am determined to make it stick this time. I've got about 100 to lose too.
    One thing that I have learned to try to remember is that there are going to be bad days that I fall back into bad habits or over indulge but the difference is that this time I'm not going to let it derail me.
    Good luck! Feel free to add me for support!
  • committedtolose
    committedtolose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also am starting over and have trouble with my knees. Looking for friends to support and be supportive.
  • uoflgirl89
    Options
    @committedtolose feel free to add me and join us here daily for motivation and support. feel free to post what ever is on your mind.

@piperx222 welcome as well, feel free to add me and you can join our little daily discussions.
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    @uoflgirl89 I did, thank you!

Anyone can feel free to add me too. When I came back to MFP after having my little guy none of my friends were active anymore so I cleaned house and am looking for a group of active and supportive people to do this with. Definitely helped me the first time around :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    "Small daily improvements leads to staggering long term results." This has been my motto for 21 months. 134 lost to date.

My story was written up in the newspaper this week!
    http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/woman-making-strides-in-weight-loss-fitness-2cecd299-3c0a-5674-e053-0100007f162c-370759861.html
  • Cathyd07222016
    Cathyd07222016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    On the long, hard road myself again. I sort of semi retired, but now working from home doing the family business bookwork and running the business. Tend to eat and not exercise a lot.
    Looking for some support to keep on track.
  • Cathyd07222016
    Options
    I have trouble with my knees and back too. Just have to do little bits of exercise at a time.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    loseweight.png
  • Cathyd07222016
    Options
    :D
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have about 80 more to go, feel free to add me... I have lost a little over 50 and when I am at goal, I will have lost 132 in total... (if you do request me, remind me where i saw you)
  • bobbic2
    bobbic2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've got A LOT of weight to lose and the best thing I've done so far is start swimming. At my current weight, swimming "leisurely" for one hour burns over 1000 calories. A thousand. That's not a typo. Also, I'd love to add more friends to my app to help with accountability!!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

Okies but why? Did you eat any form of bread before?

Also, there is some debate as to the effectiveness of this so take it with a grain of salt and realize I am only speaking from personal experience and am not a doctor, why do you only eat 3 times per day? I eat about 6 times per day in small amounts and I'm never starved for food. The recommendation is normally breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.

But I am not a big morning eater, so most days I do snack, breakfast (at work), lunch, snack, dinner, (optional) snack. Or if I'm going to the gym or for a run or otherwise won't be home until late, it's snack, breakfast, lunch, snack, snack, dinner. I started at 340lbs and I am down to 250lbs. Again, this worked for me so I'm not saying it's for everyone but have you tried something like this? Your body will normally react better, as in burn more, if it knows it's getting food on a consistent basis.

Further, to my point above, if you ate bread before why are you depriving yourself of it now? Bread isn't "bad" you just need to control how much you eat of it . . . just like everything else. If you ate too much of anything it's bad for you - I am a huge fan of moderation!

You don't have to exercise to lose weight, but you have to consume less than you burn daily. That's it.

Feel free to reach out if you ever want to chat. I'm not perfect but I've had a lot of success so far. It's taken me over 2.5 years to get this far, but I've kept it off with few (other than normal) fluctuations in weight.
  • uoflgirl89
    Options
    One thing I have learned is its ok to slip up every once in a while. Its a marathon not a sprint. Like yesterday I got to have chinese and chickfla.. OMG the calories were thru the roof, but today is a new day and I am doing better. If you deprive yourself at every turn, you'll never make this lifestyle change stick. it will become a diet and you will hate it. So remember, each meal is a new decision. Just because one meal was not great deosn't mean the next one can't be. So do say you'll just start over tomorrow, start over at the next meal. :smile:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Love the attitude! You can do it.
    I do agree with above... that's a long time between eating. I would suggest some small, healthy, snacks along the way to keep the body happy. I didn't use to do this, but it really makes a difference for me.
  • Cathyd07222016
    Options
    bobbic2 wrote: »
    I've got A LOT of weight to lose and the best thing I've done so far is start swimming. At my current weight, swimming "leisurely" for one hour burns over 1000 calories. A thousand. That's not a typo. Also, I'd love to add more friends to my app to help with accountability!!

Well done. That's awesome.