Cheat meal?

Options
Okay it's been a week since I started my diet. I haven't messed with my diet at all, it was very strict and I've been below calories every day. Today is my designated cheat day. I was going to go to chick fil a and get some nuggets and fries for my cheat meal. The only cheat meal today. Thoughts??

Replies

• SugarBear617
    SugarBear617 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Why not? Will this put you over your calorie intake for the day?
  • rose_frye
    rose_frye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nope!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    rose_frye wrote: »
    Nope!!!

Then how exactly would it be "cheating"....

By the by, I hate the term and it generally seems to reinforce people's negative relationships with food. I do usually go out once per week for an indulgence that I wouldn't normally partake in day to day, but I don't considering it cheating...I just consider it going out for pizza or whatever and don't really think much of it...
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    So you're working it into your calories? That isn't cheating, that's moderation. I'm having enchiladas for dinner tonight and will still have calories left after to have some ice cream. As long as you're hitting your nutrients, this is fine to do every now and then.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    if it fits you calories then enjoy
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Nope!!!

By the by, I hate the term and it generally seems to reinforce people's negative relationships with food. I do usually go out once per week for an indulgence that I wouldn't normally partake in day to day, but I don't considering it cheating...I just consider it going out for pizza or whatever and don't really think much of it...

Listen to this man! He speaks wisely :) But seriously, have the chicken nugget if you want them!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    You're making it fit into your calories, don't call it a cheat!

You're doing exactly what you should be to make this a lifestyle change (read:moderation).
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Eat the nuggets girl! Geez.
    Your cheat meal may not put you over your calories -yet- but you still have the rest of your day, no?

Get a kids meal so you arent tempted with the giant size of hot, amazingly crispy and delectable waffle fries.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how it is a "cheat meal" if it fits into your goals. It's just a "meal," right?
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I totally had the nuggets and fries meal last week when I was traveling for work, along with other "unhealthy" meals I might not normally choose if I weren't traveling. Though I ate more calories than normal on the days I was traveling, I was well within my calorie allowance for the week and had a good loss. I don't view that nuggets meal as a cheat or treat meal, I view it as I needed lunch and I could make it fit my calorie goals. Sure I could have gotten a salad at another place, but I wanted the nuggets and fries! This is basically how I approach every meal - no particular meal is a treat/cheat, every meal is just a meal and it needs to fit my calorie goals. I still eat everything I want, but I use portion control in order to exercise moderation that I didn't have before.
  • rose_frye
    rose_frye Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well I just ate them and it was delicious ...
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    good on you and well done for being disciplined all week

something I always struggle with, ha!
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    How is that a cheat meal??
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Nope!!!

You're not cheating and I too hate that term. The word " cheating" implies doing something wrong or bad and you're not. Call it something neutral like "flex day/meal" or "free day/meal" or "indulgence day/meal." Taking the shame out of it makes all the difference. I ate at a buffet yesterday for my flex day and went a couple hundred calories over but I still dropped .8 lbs.

I am beginning to think that the shame and guilt I felt over my relationship with food weighed more than my fat.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Nope!!!

Same here. This week it's HotHead Burrito and the day is today! It was delicious :)
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I like the 80/20 rule...stick to your guns 80% of the time and let up on yourself 20% of the time. If you're gonna eat a "cheat meal" make it something you really enjoy. I'd be all over those chick fil a nuggets!!