I'm getting so bored!!!

Options
So, I've got a predicament. I feel like I'm in such a monotonous routine. I don't have a gym membership because I'm only living in my location for another month, not to mention the closest one is ~20 miles away, so that's pretty much out of the question. I have a pool, so I do laps, walk/jog in the water, and leisurely splash around. The neighborhood I live in is a 1.5 mile circle, so I walk/jog (I use the term 'jog' lightly) at least once a day, but I live in NC where it's been at least 95 degrees (with a real feel temp of 100+) and humid every day, so it's not the most pleasant thing to do. I'll jog up and down the steps outside every day as well.

My problem is, I'm losing motivation rapidly because I'm only doing the same 3 exercises everyday. I'm only burning half the calories that I used to because I'm not really putting all I can into it. I have a Wii and sometimes do the EA Active 2, but that's pretty monotonous too.

Does anyone have anything to suggest? I also want something to do inside because if it rains outside, I'm pretty much out of options.

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at any Beachbody programs?
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options

I haven't really looked into any programs like that. I want to try something, but I have a lot of weight to lose BEFORE I could even make it through one of those workouts. :/
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You will find lots of DVD/online programs that you can do inside where it is cooler.
    Have a look at exercise TV, or I'm sure other people will be able to direct you somewhere online.
  • blockhead922
    Options
    try fitness DVDs!!! I love the Jillian Michaels' ones. They're really challenging, but totally worth it. Although, with that sort of heat I'd have to suggest cranking the air conditioning if you're going to workout at home.
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    Just for a change every week or two Tim and I go to the mall before the stores open and we walk an hour in the AC! I enjoy that.....

Just stay focused on your goal hon and the HOW won't matter as much as the WHY!! Linda/RN
  • tmontgomery69
    Options
    Here's some free workout websites.

www.liveexercise.com there's several different types of workouts that you can choose from, but you do need to purchase their bodylastics exercise bands in order to be able to perform most of the workouts. Bodylastics bands are by far the BEST workout bands around.....they're snap proof.

www.fitstudio.com there's a bunch of different work programs to choose from.

www.bodyrock.tv this one's pretty darn intense.

I hope this helps ya! =)
  • gold27701
    gold27701 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been to the bored side of working out. I have changed my routine about every 2 months, according to my research this is typical and recommended. I would suggest looking at bodybuilding.com for articles and ideas to help with the dilemma,
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    I recommend dvds as well, I live in NC too, and was "planning" on going for a walk today, but in the triangle the smoke from the widefires at the beach was so bad I could barely breath outside. If your just beginning, try the biggest loser dvds, they have modifications for beginners and most of the exercises can be done without weights. I have never been able to afford a gym membership so most of my working out has been done in my living room- where only my cat can laugh at me if i look goofy. I started with a set of 3 lb hand weights and 1 dvd, after a year and a half i have gone up 3 times in weight size and now have about 15 dvds, as I get bored of the same thing all the time. And at $12 a dvd its really cheap to change up my workout
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    Here's some free workout websites.

www.liveexercise.com there's several different types of workouts that you can choose from, but you do need to purchase their bodylastics exercise bands in order to be able to perform most of the workouts. Bodylastics bands are by far the BEST workout bands around.....they're snap proof.

www.fitstudio.com there's a bunch of different work programs to choose from.

www.bodyrock.tv this one's pretty darn intense.

I hope this helps ya! =)

Thanks so much!!! I'll check these out tomorrow!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I haven't really looked into any programs like that. I want to try something, but I have a lot of weight to lose BEFORE I could even make it through one of those workouts. :/

Not true at all, they have work outs for all levels. Slim in 6 is a great one.
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    Get a jump rope. You can do it indoors and done right it will burn more calories than jogging and put less strain on your joints. Not mention it is cheap and portable.