Tuna

Options
What's everyone's favorite low cal tuna meal, lunch or dinner? I love tuna and I think it might be my saving grace during this journey.

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Tuna + Cottage Cheese sprinkled with black pepper = amazing
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I buy my tuna in pouches. One pouch worth on a rice cake, sprinkle a tiny amount of shredded cheese on top, then nuke it in the microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese. Gluten-free tuna melt. :smile:

I also make tuna salad by mixing mashed avocado and a touch of lime juice with the tuna. Again, I usually put it on a rice cake.
  • avonarlene86
    avonarlene86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to make tuna pasta all the time but the pasta makes it so high in calories so I've taken to making the sauce and eating it on it's own. Chop a large white onion and fry off, add a tin of chopped tomatoes or a carton of passata, mixed herbs, garlic powder, chilli flakes, little sugar and some tomato puree, and some corn starch granules to thicken. Add 2 tins (135g each) of tuna chunks in brine. Works out at 2 servings just under 290 cals each. I sometimes have a slice of toast alongside.
  • elivelez62
    elivelez62 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just bought Starkits Tuna Creations. It comes with ranch, lemon pepper and spicy dressing. It is moist and ready to eat. The best part is that each pouch is only 80 calories.
  • cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My Tuna meal tends to be my main evening meal so not really low calorie, normally 1 tin of no drain tuna, 1 bag of Tilda rice (250g) and about 100g of sweetcorn....put it all in a bowl, stir together and eat, for about 600+cals
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Tuna steak, coated in sesame seeds, slightly seared, then thinly sliced to dip in a soy/garlic/rice wine vinegar sauce.
  • DawnUrbanski
    DawnUrbanski Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Starkist tuna pouches! Use as a salad topping or in a wrap. They also make a small kit with crackers that's only 130 calories too.
  • WRLemmon
    WRLemmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oven baked Cajun Tuna Steak, with wild rice and Kale.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    One of my favorite easy Sicilian recipes, tuna agrodolce (sweet and sour) works great with salmon or other firm fish steaks too and it reheats OK. It's good with or without the cannelini beans. I use stevia instead of the sugar -- be careful not to use too much. I usually don't have fresh mint around, dried mint flakes work fine in the recipe:

http://www.ciaoitalia.com/seasons/20/2013/sweet-and-sour-tuna
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Everyyone thinks I'm crazy but you can take albacore white tuna (Can ) put a little seasoning on it on both sides grill it And grill 2 portobello mushroom caps for the bottom and top can put mustard or ketchup W/e inside
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Tuna in a tub mixed with lettuce, onion, cucumber, whatever other salad items I have in my fridge haha
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I put it on top of a salad or in a wrap mostly. The Tuna Creation pouches are good just eaten with a fork for a quick dose of protein.
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1 can of Starkist yellowtail tuna in water + one half avocado cut into chunks + pepper sauce to taste. I eat this for lunch with crackers and it is so yummy and very filling.
  • brandnewneek
    brandnewneek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow so many great ideas. I love tuna and I think I could eat it for every meal and never get tired of it, I used to make tuna salad with guac instead of mayo. it was so good. I also like putting it on salad. I need to get more Olive Garden dressing, yum! More ideas welcome!!
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I mix canned tuna with FRESH pineapple pieces, and eat it just like that. Sometimes I add finely chopped carrot or celery for crunch.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Tuna cakes!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Tuna salad with blue cheese dressing is my absolute favorite
  • brandnewneek
    brandnewneek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Tuna cakes!
    What is a tuna cake?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    @brandnewneek it's like a crab cake. There are so many variations - Tuna Patties.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    tuna + romaine + cheddar + sour cream = yummy salad!