Slim Shots?

Options
jazpiri
jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
Has anyone tried those new "Slim Shots" that claim to help you eat up to 30% less?

Replies

• jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried those new "Slim Shots" that claim to help you eat up to 30% less?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, but I have my doubts as to whether they work.:ohwell:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Well you could just count calories and eat 30% less for FREE! :bigsmile:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Well you could just count calories and eat 30% less for FREE! :bigsmile:

That one got my vote ANY DAY !!!!! :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I think one of the best things I have learned is that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is and another good thing is rewards like less weight and more energy are better appreciated when I know that I earned them.

That was a long answer for no, they probably do not work and I will not find out cause I am gonna work it off

have a great day
    Dave:smile:
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I don't know about the slim shots... but the 5 hour energy shots ROCK!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Yeah i like them too I use them for the mornings that I am just beat after not getting a good nights rest to get me through my work-day
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

I tried one of those the other day and I was like the frickin' Energizer Bunny.:laugh:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it works or not but I love the commercials!:laugh:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options

So funny you'd mention those, my husband downs one everyday. He was at the Dr. yesterday telling him how he has insomnia and has to take those shots every morning just to function. Our Dr. flipped out, told him he could have a stroke using those, that they cause an increasing in blood pressure in such a short period of time. The can cause palpatations, irregular heartbeat. He said they could be the cause he can't sleep at night because he may have destroyed some of the natural chemicals in the brain that make you fall asleep, melatonin? So, just becareful, k? Maybe only use them if you are really dragging.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

So funny you'd mention those, my husband downs one everyday. He was at the Dr. yesterday telling him how he has insomnia and has to take those shots every morning just to function. Our Dr. flipped out, told him he could have a stroke using those, that they cause an increasing in blood pressure in such a short period of time. The can cause palpatations, irregular heartbeat. He said they could be the cause he can't sleep at night because he may have destroyed some of the natural chemicals in the brain that make you fall asleep, melatonin? So, just becareful, k? Maybe only use them if you are really dragging.

This is a risk especially when you're exercising. Your blood pressure and HR are already elevated, and then you go work out and they increase even more...really not a good combination. If you're sensitive to stimulants (like Sudafed--it gives me horrible palpitations so I can't take it)--you really need to avoid these caffeine-bombs.
  • flcaoh
    Options

I was using them pretty frequently for a while, then I laid off cause I figured THAT much Vitamin B (it has something like 8000 times your suggested daily dose) couldn't be good for you. Now I only use them every so often when I feel sluggish. I make sure that I don't take it if I'm within 8 hours of bedtime and I haven't had any problem getting to sleep. But thanks for the warning... I didn't realize they could cause heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat.

BTW, you can buy melatonin supplements fairly inexpensively. A few years ago (before the energy shots lol) I had insomnia and my doctor recommended that I go to GNC and try the melatonin supplements to get my body back in rhythm, along with dimming all the lights in my apartment, slowing down my body an hour before bed time, and sipping a cup of hot tea... it worked and I only took them for a few weeks.

Oh... and there is a caffeine free version of the 5 hour energy shot. The only place I have found it is Walgreens... but they do have it.
  • DawnInOhio
    Options

I was using them pretty frequently for a while, then I laid off cause I figured THAT much Vitamin B (it has something like 8000 times your suggested daily dose) couldn't be good for you. Now I only use them every so often when I feel sluggish. I make sure that I don't take it if I'm within 8 hours of bedtime and I haven't had any problem getting to sleep. But thanks for the warning... I didn't realize they could cause heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat.

BTW, you can buy melatonin supplements fairly inexpensively. A few years ago (before the energy shots lol) I had insomnia and my doctor recommended that I go to GNC and try the melatonin supplements to get my body back in rhythm, along with dimming all the lights in my apartment, slowing down my body an hour before bed time, and sipping a cup of hot tea... it worked and I only took them for a few weeks.

Oh... and there is a caffeine free version of the 5 hour energy shot. The only place I have found it is Walgreens... but they do have it.
    Yeah, we went and got those at GNC last night, he took them but to no avail. I don't know if it takes a few times to work or what? He got a script for Ambien CR which scares me, I vaguely remember hearing bad side affects, so I'll be investigating that on my med sites today. Thanks for the info!
  • DawnInOhio
    Options

Hey, just realized you are a fellow buckeye, are you attending OSU? I live about 21/2 hours from Columbus, 1/2 outside of Pitts. on Ohio border. Looks like you are in for some snow!
  • flcaoh
    Options

Hey, just realized you are a fellow buckeye, are you attending OSU? I live about 21/2 hours from Columbus, 1/2 outside of Pitts. on Ohio border. Looks like you are in for some snow!

Yup, going to OSU. And it's snowing somethin' fierce right now. So much so that I don't want to risk driving to the gym... BUT I am watching a TIVO'd episode of The Biggest Loser and it inspired me to workout a bit using my exercise ball and dumbbells while watching the show. Go me!!! :) LOL
  • DawnInOhio
    Options
    Usually the storms miss Columbus, my niece lives in Westerville, fears tornadoes out there, but never snow. All I got done today was moving my coffee table out to stretch, it's still against the wall and my butt is still on here! Snow is heading our way...yikes! Lemme know how much you get when the storm is over.