Implants and excercise

Options
Way personal subject matter but it's a possibility in my future. Has anyone had issues with excercise and augmentation? I have been med sized my entire life and I'm considering increasing one size up but trying to research all the factors that go along with it. Excercise is something I've done fairly regularly especially like aerobics. Any personal experiences with that would be appreciated.

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It isn't a problem
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Invest in a good sports bra and you won't have a problem.
  • drsb300
    drsb300 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My implants are 10 years old. Never a problem for me and I do all types of chest exercise with weights. Yes, get a good sports bra for cardio.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    It isn't a problem

Do tell. Lol
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    It isn't a problem

Do tell. Lol

that would be telling
  • klyn2016
    klyn2016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine are going on 10yrs old and I have never had any issues with fitness and exercising. I always buy a good sports bra with lots of support and cushion/padding :smile:
  • ttfnweight
    Options
    Ok. Thank you
  • CoachKatie814
    CoachKatie814 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've trained a lot of clients with implants, the only one that ever had a problem was a woman who had increased sizes three times and trained with heavy weights. She never had any damage or issues with the actual implants but her heavy training did move them from their original position. With any normal level of training you shouldn't have any problems
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nope strap those puppies down in a good sports bra and they'll be fine.
    You actually need to wear sports bras 24/7 for a few weeks after the op so they will be dual purpose.
  • ttfnweight
    Options
    Wow. Thanks
  • AbigailC17
    AbigailC17 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The under the muscle (subpectoral) implant will be bad if you heavily exercised it. Once the muscle grow, it will move the implants around. If the implants are outside the muscle (subglandular), it will not be moved around as much.
  • ttfnweight
    Options
    I am opting for the latter.
  • K10D2015
    K10D2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just make sure your doctor fully releases you before trying to lift or do any extra activities and you should be fine. Even if you think you feel fine and are healed before you're fully released you're not. I thought I was fine about a month after surgery and over did it and got a hematoma... Not fun! The surgery will take awhile to heal then you should be good to go.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Judging by the average picture of "fit women" posted on Instagram and the like, ladies with large implants have NO PROBLEM at all working out.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It took a long time after my surgery before I could run without discomfort even with a good fitted sports bra, about 6 months, but a lot of women run sooner than that. I had the surgery a year ago and I haven't done any serious strength training but I am planing to start soon and I won't be training the pectoral muscles so as to reduce the effect of flex distortion. Every woman is different, each surgery is different and so each recovery is also different.
  • ttfnweight
    Options
    Ok. Thank you.