Healthy recipes please!

Options
DerekTempleman
DerekTempleman Posts: 2 Member
Hey guys I've been trying to figure out some healthy recipes but all of the ones online are either nasty, expensive, or only enough for a five year old! I'm looking for any recipes involving chicken, beef, crockpots, and anything I can make in an oven! Please help me! Thank you.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Checkout www.skinnytaste.com - she has amazing recipes, they're really tasty and a great range.
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just shared this with a friend so I figure it doesn't hurt to share it here. I'm a vegetarian so this is focused around veggies but it would be good with chicken I bet.

Pasta Primavera

1 box of penne rigate
    3 tablespoons of olive oil
    2 teaspoons of garlic
    1/2 teaspoons of crushed red pepper
    3/4 tablespoon of parsley
    1/2 tablespoon of basil
    1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
    1/2 pack of ranch dressing mix (it's a powder that comes in a packet)
    1 cup of vegetable broth (I'm a vegetarian)
    7 cups of fresh broccoli (it shrinks)
    2.5 cups of chopped yellow onion
    1 package of sun-dried tomatoes (not the super dry ones, the moist ones - it's about 3/4 cup)

I usually change up the vegetables depending on what I'm in the mood for. Sautee the garlic and vegetables in the olive oil. Though something like sun-dried tomatoes can be added later because they're cooked. Add the spices whenever you're ready. Boil the pasta on its own according to the box instructions. When the vegetables are almost done, add the vegetables broth (could do more than a cup if you want) and let it simmer for a bit. Finally, drain the pasta and mix it all together.

I find it better leftover because the flavor soaks into the pasta. And it's very good cold.