Body Shape Help

Options
Mitarashi
Mitarashi Posts: 7 Member
Hello,
I've read a lot that your body shape doesn't change no matter your weight, so that brings forth the question ... .What body shape am I?
I've done multiple quizzes/ reading on the internet to find out mine and I always get three different body shapes;
Rectangle, Pear and Apple. I know you can be more than one but all three? That seems a little extreme. haha So can anyone help me determine? I'm leaning towards rectangle/apple myself but maybe others see things I don't haha.

1rheyf9o5132.jpg

So, this is a picture of me ... What do you think? I know it's not in my underwear or in close fitting clothes .... but I didn't want to scare anyone XD The top of the dress is close fitting and as you can see from my legs popping out the skirt doesn't flare too much.

My measurements are:
Bust - 42 in
Waist - 39 in (I have quite a high waist if that makes any difference)
Hips - 43in
Thighs - 27 in

.... Yes I'm trying to lose weight for a reason XD

P.S I don;t normally dress like this I was in costume haha

Replies

• AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Pear
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Cute costume! But in all seriousness, I would say somewhere between a pear and an apple.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    And probably a mesomorph.
  • Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Rectangle pear and apple are not body shapes.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't really agree that your body shape doesn't change no matter your weight. I think most people have a basic shape that is determined by bone structure & where their body tends to store fat & that is what you will see as you lose weight. Your basic body shape may be hidden by the extra weight you carry.

When I was at my heaviest, I was very much apple shaped. I carried most of my extra weight in my middle & chest (although it really was everywhere, because there was so much of it). As I lost the weight, my arms, legs, & face thinned out first. My butt went as well. My chest lost, but not as much as expected. My hip bones are wide so I look wide from the front, but not from the side. My waist is the most stubborn area for me. Now when I run my measurements through those internet calculators I end up with top-heavy hourglass.

So, if you are looking to find out what clothes are most flattering for your shape, that may change as you lose weight. Looking at your measurements, I would try things that are suggested for rectangular or apple shapes now & then re-evaluate as you lose.
  • carolinemtz22
    carolinemtz22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hexagon
  • ctrygrldwn2erth
    ctrygrldwn2erth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm that size too and I've always been told I'm pear shape. My hips are broader than my shoulders.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Your measurements seem to be kind of rectangle but I think you LOOK hour glass.

By the way, your body shape can change a bit as you lose weight. Especially if you're weight training. I started as an extreme pear-34, 29, 44. At my smallest I was 32, 26, 37. Obviously still a pear but an 11 inch hip to waist ratio as opposed to a 15 in made a big difference...