How often should I weigh myself?

Options
2»

Replies

• murlandpierre2016
    murlandpierre2016 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I do both (if that makes since) but it does fluctuates. My weekly is on Tuesday, I just weigh myself this morning and I lost 3.6lbs
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Depends how your weight fluctuations bother you
    Loads get disheartened with a gain which is fluid retention then fall off track
    There's an app Happyscale that you can log and it gives you an overall weightloss indication by averages
    I weigh 2-3 times a week used to be obsessed but I lose slow so take Tuesday am as my log weight
  • laurasguerra
    laurasguerra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday.. No sham or harm to me it keeps me in check. First thing in the morning after the bathroom vist. I'm trying to shed 50lbs.
  • luv2nap1
    luv2nap1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have told about once a week at the same time, usually before you eat.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Once a week , pick a day
  • punkyb07
    punkyb07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I became obsessive with the weighing (and being disappointed when there weren't any changes). So I weigh in on the last day of every month.
  • Justcallmeskel
    Justcallmeskel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing myself every morning for as long as I can remember. Just a habit I guess. Keeps me in check.
  • CharlotteAnneUK
    CharlotteAnneUK Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I was weighing once a week, went to once a month then just when I could be bothered. I soon put the weight back on. Started weighing in weekly but read an article recently suggesting daily to keep you motivated when going the right way and to pull you back in if going the wrong way. Now I try to remember to do it 2 to 3 times a week.
  • ctrygrldwn2erth
    ctrygrldwn2erth Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on a weight loss program and I weigh in only once a week. Weighing every day is our option but I don't want to see a yo-yo effect of daily routines. I weigh first thing Saturday mornings before breakfast and take measurements. The measurements are showing more loss than the pounds are right now. So I know I'm losing even when the scale doesn't show it.
  • stephanielosey
    stephanielosey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself before breakfast every Saturday morning. Originally, I was only weighing myself once a month and found myself gaining more than usual. I think each person is different, so trial and error is unfortunately necessary (but helpful)
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day.

This way I can see how my weight fluctuates but I can also see the overall trend. I have several points on my graph that would paint a wrong picture taken out of context.
  • JenGP83
    JenGP83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Fridays! In the morning, um ... Naked..
    I try not to weigh myself too much bc I tend to have a problem with water weight depending on what I eat..
  • joeflood66
    joeflood66 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Every morning
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Every single day, and average it over the week. That way I can see trends and how certain foods affect my weight with water retention. For example I know if I have a ready meal then the next day the scale will be up because of the sodium content. Also, when I used to weigh in weekly sometimes I would tell myself I could have a few days of reckless eating as I had the rest of the week to fix it. Then if the recklessness carried on for the rest of the week I would skip the next weigh in as I wouldn't want to face the gain. This could go on for weeks...
  • Francine_rivas
    Francine_rivas Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bigrob037 wrote: »
    Ive been weighing myself every day and I heard that was too much.. I've heard that weighing yourself once or twice a week is good. How often do you guys do it?
    Once a week and after you get to a certain size, stop weighing yourself and just go by the indication of how you look,feel and your endurance in work outs. When I looked my best, I weighed 5 pounds more then I weigh now. Muscleeeeeeee
  • lisa9805
    lisa9805 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I wake up. I do it everyday or almost every day to keep check to make sure i'm seeing progress or staying the same. if I gain then I look at the day before. did I log properly, was it too much salt etc.
    I only post my weigh ins once a week on Friday. it was sunday but I like it being Friday so I have the weekend to relax a bit lol
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bigrob037 wrote: »
    Ive been weighing myself every day and I heard that was too much.. I've heard that weighing yourself once or twice a week is good. How often do you guys do it?

I weigh myself once a week. If I were to weigh myself daily that would change what I ate and how hard I worked out, I like my meal prep and planned workouts.

Bottomline, you weigh yourself when you want to.
  • danielleremley
    danielleremley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. Only because I am juicing.