Weight loss

Options
kayanow67
kayanow67 Posts: 29 Member
Well lost a few pounds in the last week, but kinda bummed because I've been sick and haven't really been able to work out! I guess THREE pounds is fair???

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Um, three pounds is a lot. The usually recommendation is 1-2lbs. How much were you expecting?
  • kayanow67
    Options
    Um, three pounds is a lot. The usually recommendation is 1-2lbs. How much were you expecting?

Hoping for 4 or more? Is that too much? I'm just starting and usually its mostly water weight too in the beginning isn't it?
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    It is, but if you weren't retaining water in the first place, you won't get that woosh. 3 lbs is a really great start. How much do you have to lose?
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    My go-to thing to do when I get a bit disappointed with the scale is go pick up something which weighs what I lost. Go grab something that weighs 3lbs!
  • kayanow67
    Options
    It is, but if you weren't retaining water in the first place, you won't get that woosh. 3 lbs is a really great start. How much do you have to lose?

I'll be happy with 30
  • kayanow67
    Options
    My go-to thing to do when I get a bit disappointed with the scale is go pick up something which weighs what I lost. Go grab something that weighs 3lbs!

OMG.....I've never heard that before!..what an awesome idea
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    kayanow67 wrote: »

I'll be happy with 30

Cool cool, we also lose less when we have less to lose. Someone needing to lose 30 will lose less in the first week than someone who needs to lose 100. You're doing great :)
  • kayanow67
    Options
    kayanow67 wrote: »

I'll be happy with 30

Cool cool, we also lose less when we have less to lose. Someone needing to lose 30 will lose less in the first week than someone who needs to lose 100. You're doing great :)

Thanks for the motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!