Newbie here!

Options
kids183
kids183 Posts: 204 Member
Hello all!

One of my oldest friends (almost 20 years) recommended MFP to me this morning. It seems like a great site to help motivate each other into dieting and weight loss. I look forward to meeting people in my similar situation.

I have 4 beautiful daughters and work at a full-time desk job so, although busy, I don't get off my butt at work a lot and the children and housework keep me busy at night that usually eating properly hasn't been the easiest.

That being said, however, I did start a low carb diet and hitting the gym during my lunch hour 2 weeks ago and have lost the first 10 pounds on my own! I'd like to continue on this path and see where it takes me.

My ideal weight is apparently a big 60 pounds of weight loss. I find this figure a little overwhelming, so I figure even if that is my ultimate goal, I'll start with little goals. The first one is getting under 200 pounds. I have only 5 more pounds to go for that. Then maybe down another 20 pounds, that is the weight I was approximately this time last year. And then I'll move on from that until I get to a comfortable weight. I don't want to stress myself out if I can't make the entire 60 pounds, I mean with a full-time job and 4 children, who needs extra stress, right?

Anyhow, it's great being here and feel free to add me as a friend and we'll motivate each other to reach our goals (long-term or otherwise).

Take care! And happy tracking!
Chere
(aka kids183)

Replies

• d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me. This is a great site to get you going!
  • moremari
    moremari Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 10 lbs! That is fantastic. You're way ahead of me, I've been here about 2 months and have only lost 4.:tongue:
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

One of my oldest friends (almost 20 years) recommended MFP to me this morning. It seems like a great site to help motivate each other into dieting and weight loss. I look forward to meeting people in my similar situation.

I have 4 beautiful daughters and work at a full-time desk job so, although busy, I don't get off my butt at work a lot and the children and housework keep me busy at night that usually eating properly hasn't been the easiest.

That being said, however, I did start a low carb diet and hitting the gym during my lunch hour 2 weeks ago and have lost the first 10 pounds on my own! I'd like to continue on this path and see where it takes me.

My ideal weight is apparently a big 60 pounds of weight loss. I find this figure a little overwhelming, so I figure even if that is my ultimate goal, I'll start with little goals. The first one is getting under 200 pounds. I have only 5 more pounds to go for that. Then maybe down another 20 pounds, that is the weight I was approximately this time last year. And then I'll move on from that until I get to a comfortable weight. I don't want to stress myself out if I can't make the entire 60 pounds, I mean with a full-time job and 4 children, who needs extra stress, right?

Anyhow, it's great being here and feel free to add me as a friend and we'll motivate each other to reach our goals (long-term or otherwise).

Take care! And happy tracking!
    Chere
    (aka kids183)

Hello to my old and dearest friend! You will love this site...and become more addicted to this than FB! Well at least I am! LOL!
  • mommyami1
    mommyami1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the 10lbs!!! Keep up the great work!
  • hollywoodsmiles27
    hollywoodsmiles27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Staying motivated is key and support helps out a bunch. :) feel free to add me