Things to do in Seattle..............

Options
cdngirl71
cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
To people who live in or around Seattle, can you give me any ideas of places to see while in Seattle? My niece and I are going there in July, just need some places to go see. So far we have the Space Needle and Ride the Ducks. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!! :happy: :happy:

Replies

• LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    Seattle aquarium, pikes place market. experience music project, I think they are called duck tours you will see them outside of the seattle center. Also the space needle pacific science center. If you have a car and you want to see a bit of nature go to mount rainier, or ocean shores. There is so much more but all I can think of right off the top of my head.
  • LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    Seattle aquarium, pikes place market. experience music project, I think they are called duck tours you will see them outside of the seattle center. Also the space needle pacific science center. If you have a car and you want to see a bit of nature go to mount rainier, or ocean shores. There is so much more but all I can think of right off the top of my head.
  • llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    I don't live there, but you have to go see the Fremont troll! Fremont itself is an awesome place to visit, you can see great pieces of art on every street corner (such as a statue of lenin), and visit some interesting shops along the way. Every time I visit Seattle I spend at least an afternoon there.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Check out Pike's Market or Pike's Place Market - at least I think that's the name. Outdoor area - fish market, some street intertainment. I haven't been for years! Hope it's still the same. Washington Zoo is pretty cool too.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    Not from Seattle but I love the city. Always fun to take the fairy to Victoria!
  • Shluke206
    Shluke206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    We have a nice zoo here. There is an underground tour in Pioneer Square...I have never been but I hear it is kind of cool. You could check out a Mariner's game. We like to take out of town guests to Alki Beach too..it is pretty close to town and is really great on a nice day. You get to see the entire Seattle skyline from there.
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, makes it much easier to plan on what to do while there.
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The underground tour and teatro zin zanni both are amazing
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    How old is your neice?
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I second the Freemont Troll, Ducktours, you can go climb at REI, Green Lake, Pioneer Square, Seattle center (water fountain is fun) this weekend is Taste of Tacoma
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    oops didn't see you will be here in July...

2011 Seattle International BeerFest
    July 1-3, 2011 - Seattle Center - Downtown Seattle Washington

Celebrating the world's most legendary brewing styles and the nations that made them famous. Come taste over 130 world-class beers from more than 15 countries.

Hours: Friday 12 PM - 10 PM; Saturday 12 PM - 10 PM; Sunday 12 PM - 7 PM. Admission is $20, which includes a glass and 10 beer tickets.

July 4th Celebrations
    July 4, 2011 - Various Locations throughout the Seattle Washington Area

Anywhere you are in Seattle, you'll find birthday parties for the good old U.S.A. Local newspapers carry all the particulars... so you can find anything from 'huge' fireworks displays ... to small-town parades and picnics.

A Seattle favorite, the Chase Family Fourth fireworks display is set with a breathtaking downtown Seattle as a backdrop on Lake Union. Other activities include Chase Playfied (Kids Area), Street Scramble, National Anthem performed by members of the School of Rock: Northwest All-Stars, food booths and beer gardens. Festivities begin at Noon with a 'huge' pyrotechnic extravaganza at 10 PM.

Touted as the Eastside's largest, the Bellevue Family 4th in Bellevue Downtown Park offers music, kids entertainment, food booths, a Community Spotlight Pavillion and a really nice fireworks display at 10 PM. Festival hours are from 4 PM - 10:30 PM.

Click for -> July 4th Weekend Hotel Specials in Seattle

Seattle Chamber Music Society Summer Festival
    July 5 - August 12, 2011 - Benaroya Hall - Downtown Seattle WA

The Seattle Chamber Music Society presents its 28th Summer Festival, held July 5th - August 12th. The main Summer Season consists of Twelve Concerts each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings... beginning at 8:00 PM.

Chinatown-International District Summer Festival
    July 9-10, 2011 - Hing Hay Park - Downtown Seattle WA

Known to be the largest Asian-American Streetfair in Washington, the International District Summer Festival offers a variety of Asian-inspired Entertainment including... Japanese Drumming, Chinese Martial Arts, Filipino Dancing, Lion and Dragon dances plus ... live concerts featuring Jazz, New Age and Pop music.

You'll find lots of hand-made Arts & Crafts, authentic Asian Cuisine, even a Karaoke Stage for those that feel inspired to showcase their vocal talents.

Chinatown-International District Summer Festival hours are: Saturday, 11 AM - 8 PM; Sunday, 11 AM - 6 PM. Admission is Free.

Bite of Seattle
    July 15-17, 2011 - Seattle Center - Downtown Seattle Washington

First introduced to the Seattle area in 1982 at Greenlake with 26 Restaurants and 1 Entertainment Stage, the ` Bite of Seattle ' has grown into one of Seattle's largest Summer Festivals, with more than 50 of Seattle's finest Restaurants... 30 Food Product Companies... 5 Beer Gardens... live Entertainment... a Comedy Club... Piano Bar... Wine Tasting... and more!

Festival Hours: Friday & Saturday 11 AM - 9 PM; Sunday 11 AM - 8 PM.

Nearby Hotels: Red Lion Hotel on 5th Avenue - Executive Pacific Plaza Hotel

Torchlight Parade at Seafair
    July 30, 2011 - Seattle Center - Downtown Seattle Washington

Come celebrate the Northwest's largest lighted parade in Downtown Seattle! The famous Torchlight Parade at Seafair is one of Seattle's biggest nights for family tradition, so you won't want to miss the Macy's-style helium balloons, local bands, drill teams, beautifully illuminated floats, and naturally the Seafair Clowns and Pirates.

The parade begins at 7:30 PM at Seattle Center, and continues south down Fourth Ave. to Second Ave. and King Street. Over 300,000 people lined the parade route last year... so we suggest you get here early for the best viewing spots.
  • jenthestrawberry
    jenthestrawberry Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I reccomend this if you want to do touristy stuff: http://www.citypass.com/seattle

And a trip to Discovery Park http://www.seattle.gov/Parks/environment/discovparkindex.htm to enjoy our sunny months the way we do!

Also the International District and Asian market have a lot of fun stuff to see! Start here: http://www.uwajimaya.com/
  • cdngirl71
    Options
    How old is your neice?

She is 14.

Wow thanks Freckle, tons of stuff to do. Thanks everyone for your ideas!! So much appreciated.