New Comer need to lose 50lbs or more!

Options
Just started out I have over 50 lbs. to lose, I'm under my daily calorie intake and I'm not hunger, any suggestion.

Replies

• littlered301
    littlered301 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. You need to eat and keep up your energy for any exercise program you add to your day.
    Good luck :)
  • hbarton711
    Options
    You have to eat to lose! I know a lot of people say that but it's so true!!! You just need to modify WHAT you're eating. You need to make sure you're only putting things in your body that will benefit you! Proteins, veggies, fruits- don't go with artificial sugars- go for natural ones in fruits! I find that in order to get all my calories in I have to space out my meals and take little snacks with me all the time! Planning ahead will aid you in losing weight- then you're not caught out shopping and starving and caving to fast food temptation! Since last August I have lost 56 pounds and my journey isn't over yet! Of all the people- I am the last one that ever thought I would be standing here with that accomplishment to shout about! You can do it! Just find a workout routine you like (I go for Zumba or something dance related because it's more fun than working out to me!), and count your calories, fats, soduims, and especially your sugars!!! :) Good luck on your journey!
  • pisces271
    pisces271 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I just started out also and I know you have to eat to loose - if you don't eat enuff your body just holds on to what you do eat... if you have a hard time eating enuff caloies - add an extra fruit or veggie to a meal to help - good luck... (i tend to have the opposite issue - I eat what i should then feel hungry anyways...)
  • bkennedy1612
    Options
    I'm pretty new here too, and I'm looking to lose about 100 pounds to be back at a healthy weight. I know that I am constantly under my calorie intake, and if I'm way too far under and it's before 8, I will eat something, but after 8 I try to stay away from food because you body is shutting down for the night, and it won't really process the food as well or as quick. But there are plenty of healthy things that you can eat late at night that aren't too heavy!

Hope this was helpful! Feel free to add me if you need the motivation or anything!!!!
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Agree...you need to eat your goal calories so don't get behind and start getting hungry. Have some nuts, a piece of fruit with almond butter , greek yogurt, etc. Those are whole nutritious food ideas that are good for you and will provide the fuel you need to get to the next day.

! When I first started I found it overwhelming to think of losing 27 lbs all at once (my goal weight) and so I just thought about it one week at a time. While losing weight was obviously the driver, I really wanted to learn how to feed my body good, healthy, whole food, without either starving myself or doing a "fad" diet. I did not know what that felt like at first but little by little I got there. And in the course of figuring that out, the pounds started coming off.

Take it one day at a time/one pound at a time!! And you are in a great place to do just that!

Good luck!
  • DBabbit
    DBabbit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Introduce more protein into your meal planning. It fills you up, helps keep you fuller longer, so you aren't overeating, and it helps maintain muscle. I need to lose 60lbs, and am having to teach myself to eat more. Fat free or low fat dairy, green leafy vegetables, and 2 low-carb fruits a day will help too, but focus on protein to lose weight.