Acne

Options
allstarelmo23
allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
edited March 2016 in Chit-Chat
Im not blessed with perfect skin. I get a breakout here and there. Sometimes i breakout a lot. Im just curious what products you guys use or recommend?

Replies

• ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Few questions first- how old are you? What line of work are you in? How often are you washing your face? How often are you washing your sheets and pillow cases?
    You can send me a private message if there's nothing you want to declare publicly :-P

• Zeus727
    Zeus727 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Same *kitten* here my face has acne
    Don't use any product
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Caroline Hirons is a god when it comes to skincare. She has a blog that is packed with information about how to improve your skin.
  • GymnasticsMommy
    GymnasticsMommy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Use simple facial wash and if body acne, neutrogena has a good body scrub. It helps my husband and lot.
  • chloedanielle03
    chloedanielle03 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Make sure you wash your bed sheets regularly
    Wash your face everyday with an everyday face wash
    Then use a gentle exfoliator one a week if particularly oily
    Moisturise! I used sudocrem when I had bad acne it worked a dream cleared most of my acne with in a couple of weeks.
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Drink mint and fenugreek tea . Just add a few leaves of mint and a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in approximately ten glasses of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes then rinse and store the tea in your fridge and drink a hot mug of the tea every morning . It helped me and my acne vanished within 2 months use . It's natural and very basic . No harmful effects . Please give it a try . I hope it works for you too
  • allstarelmo23
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    This breakout came out of nowhere! !
    Will try out different things
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Hey, bro...

Skin issues can be the result of a gut flora imbalance. I would try probiotics and see if it helps.

As far as skincare regimen, use something with tea tree oil... or buy some and add a few drops of it to your cleanser.

As an astringent, try apple cider vinegar diluted 50-50 with water.

A zinc supplement might help as well. 10-20mg/day.
  • sabrinasmith7
    sabrinasmith7 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Honestly i used to get made fun of baddd for my acne. I couldnt find anything to help it until i used Noxema. (Or store brand works too), it cleared my face almost immediately, and i always used to from then on. I also recommend washing pillow cases and a "healthy diet" though i never did any of that. Lol
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    Witch Hazel, i havent had acne in 4 years. use it three times a day if you can if not every morning and right before bed.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    stop eating dairy

sulfur based face wash , make sure you are moisturizing , tea tree oil on break out spots

• michelleg85
    michelleg85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I cut out dairy (and especially my whey protein powder) I use almond milk now when I need a fix and for my coffee. It worked wonders.
  • allstarelmo23
    Options
    Tea tree oil is very common
    I have to look into that
    And cutting dairy too
    But im looking alot better than a week before. You guys are the best :D
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I suffered a lot with acne in my late teens and up to around 28. The best things for me were more natural. The less harsh chemicals the better.

For the last 6 years I have used witch hazel morning and night as a cleanser (just pour some on to cotton wool and wipe around face) and then use aloe vera gel with added tea tree oil as a moisturiser. Again I use twice a day after cleansing.

Then once a week I make a face scrub to exfoliate which is simply brown sugar with olive oil. Wet face then gently scrub all face and neck. When rinsing the oil can be tricky to get off and I find putting my face under the shower spray and using a flannel to gently rub does the trick.

You would think that olive oil would give you more spots but it certainly doesn't for me. Any left over oil soaks in and leaves your skin feeling soft and not greasy.

This is what works for me and people now even compliment me on my skin (which is just crazy to me after having problem skin for so long). And this stuff is really cheap and saves a fortune on using other products which never worked for me anyway.