Any bariatric patients here?

ericamason53
ericamason53 Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2016 in Getting Started
I'm scheduled to have my surgery in July/August so I'm literally just starting out. My nutritionist recommended this specific app no less than 3 times so here I am trying to get a jump on this and get where I need to be to be successful when the time comes. Anyone wanna join me?

Replies

• mdonnay
    mdonnay Posts: 4 Member
    Hey. I had the sleeve in 2014. And I wish I had taken my doc more seriously. I'm doing okay but could have reached my goal by now. Whatever they tell you to do, do it. Work hard on changing your mindset about eating. That's the only way it will last.
  • cmhrcp
    cmhrcp Posts: 1 Member
    I'm scheduled for a sleeve on March 1. I've been following my nutritionists advice and have lost weight on my.I'm very motivated to make this work for me. Good luck!
  • ericamason53
    ericamason53 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm really trying (though the dieting is easier than the exercise) to do exactly what they tell me.
  • char_barr
    char_barr Posts: 125 Member
    I am scheduled for April 18th. Today I am kicking off tracking, exercising and eating a much better diet. I am modifying my 2 week pre-op diet and doing it NOW - adding a bit more food though - Healthy Foods, Protein Shakes, and Mindful Eating Practices. 61 Days to go for me! This is a great app - I have used it in the past to track and find it very helpful. Best of luck!
  • nicolemcintosh29
    nicolemcintosh29 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm preop too. I've done my appts with the dietician etc and just need to see the internist before I get my surgery date. I just started to change my eating habits about a week ago and this app is definitely helping. I just can't decide if there is a benefit to me to purchasing the pro version.