Pedometer

Options
Does anyone know how to record number of steps per day other than with the links to apps I have a regular clip on pedometer and just want to record how many steps I do daily Help please

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    You could record it in the exercise notes section.

If you want to add back the calories, divide your steps by 2000 and then multiply by 100. Except that you have to subtract out the number of steps already covered by your activity level. That's tricky. I know that with my FitBit, I start accumulating calories after about 1500 steps, and I have my activity level set at sedentary.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    There are some calculators about step to calorie burned. here is a link
    http://walking.about.com/od/calorie1/fl/Pedometer-Steps-to-Calories-Converter.htm
    Do not eat back 100% of the burned calories, the calories burned may be overstated at any theoretical calculation
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    If you want this information for calories to eat back, be careful. Steps from general activity during the day - walking around at work, running errands, etc. - should be accounted for in your activity level. For calories from deliberate exercise like going out for a 30-minute walk, just log the walk rather than the step count.
    sllm1 wrote: »

If you want to add back the calories, divide your steps by 2000 and then multiply by 100. Except that you have to subtract out the number of steps already covered by your activity level. That's tricky. I know that with my FitBit, I start accumulating calories after about 1500 steps, and I have my activity level set at sedentary.

I'm not sure where this calculation came from or if it is reasonable to use, but an easier way to do this math is just divide your steps by 20.
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »

Why not just divide by 20?
  • Ginger7658
    Ginger7658 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks all,
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    There is an app called Move which will record your steps if you wear your phone on you all the time..

ok I just read your question wrong! doh!