Options
Samrny
Samrny Posts: 62 Member
exsqmcgfxya4.png

Things I sometimes add to it:
  • Wheat Germ
  • Milled Flax Seeds
  • Psyllium Husk Fiber

Should I add these every time? Which ones? Is there some other "booster" I should be adding? The boosters add so many calories!

And I realise this is kind of a high-sugar "treat" for a meal, idk how to lower the sugar, as idk of a sugar-free, AFFORDABLE/ACCESSIBLE slim-fast alternative.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I like my shakes more around the 200-250 calorie mark but seems okay.
  • gibbs1993
    gibbs1993 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Since you already add yogurt, maybe try trading the milk for water. Or you could try replacing the milk, powder, and yogurt with vanilla soy milk or almond milk, and add a banana for creaminess. You could add some spinach for more nutrition since its virtually tasteless in a shake with fruit and barely has any calories etc. These things should save you on calories and sugar and up the nutritional value of your shake.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out why you are adding the Slim Supreme powder as it really doesn't add an appreciable amount of anything (except calories and a bit of calcium).
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Is Slim Supreme some kind of vitamin powder? I seems like a lot of calories for not much else.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    When for these many calories you can have a filling and tasting normal meal, I have no idea why you would want to waste so many calories on a shake. I also have no idea why all these "boosters"? Do you need to be on a special liquid diet for medical reasons? Are you trying to increase your calories to gain weight?
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Is Slim Supreme some kind of vitamin powder? I seems like a lot of calories for not much else.

This times two...
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something out of a horror movie....
  • liftsalltheweights
    liftsalltheweights Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    When for these many calories you can have a filling and tasting normal meal, I have no idea why you would want to waste so many calories on a shake. I also have no idea why all these "boosters"? Do you need to be on a special liquid diet for medical reasons? Are you trying to increase your calories to gain weight?

Sometimes shakes are just easier to make. I make them for breakfast more often than not and they keep me full for the majority of the day.