How much did you lose within a month?

Options
Just wondered what your weight loss was within a month and what was your initial goal? I was hoping to lose a stone within 2months.

Replies

• blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    In one month of dieting I have lost 14lb before now. However in another month I have lost 1lb! It all varies so much.

A stone in 2 months is achievable for some, it depends on a lot of factors like how much you have to lose in total, your height, current weight, how active you are etc.

It's just less than 2lb a week which is on the higher side of what is considered the safest amount of weight to lose. If 14lb will take you right to your goal then you should maybe aim to take a while longer as 2lb a week is quite a high target if you don't have much to lose.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    When I started, I was 340 pounds, got down to 185 in 9 months. I lost around 17 pounds per month average. Of course I lost the most during the first few months so it skews the average a bit.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If your starting say at 300 pounds you can easily lose over 10 pounds in the first month, but if you're starting at say 150, it won't be as much, so don't think because your not losing big amounts that you're doing it wrong.. Also most people lose a big amount the first week as its water weight! That being said I started at 270 and I lost 10 pounds my first month, and of course that was my most successful month!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've been back on track since 2/15/16 and so far have lost 9.5lbs. Keep in mind though, I have over 100lbs to lose.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    it depends on how much weight you have to lose overall....
    I had only a little to lose and found I was lucky to lose 1.5 /2lbs per month, but mostly because I didn't want to have a huge deficit so I didn't feel I was hungry all the time...
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 2 months, the first month I lost 9lb and the 2nd I lost 6lb, I have 40-50lb to loose
  • CelesseBoo
    CelesseBoo Posts: 20 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    20lbs in 6 weeks, but half of that was in the first 2 weeks so I'm going to guess a lot of fluid rather than actual fat to begin with.

ETA start weight of 202.
  • SacredCoffee
    SacredCoffee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I lose about 7-10 lbs depending on the month. (I'm down 80 lbs, and I hit my 7 month mark about four days ago)
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just hit 30 days yesterday and I'm down 11 lbs. :smiley:
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    SW 290#
    @ 4 weeks lost 20#
    @ 7 months lost total of100#
    @ 1 year lost total of 140#
    @ 20 months goal weight reached @ 130#. As you can see, it took a long time to lose the final 20#. Ideally I would like to be at 125#
    I have gotten down to 125, but it was a struggle to maintain.
    I have been maintaining @ 130# (allow myself a 5# range up or down) for 28 months.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    The sooner you abandon these kinds of comparisons, the happier you will be with your own progress. The sooner you give up 'pie in the sky' expectations, the more clearly you will be able to appreciate the very real & tangible rewards of your weight loss.
  • kayleexbabeex
    kayleexbabeex Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for your replies, that is all I have to lose. I literally have just a stone to lose as its excess baby weight I put on with my pregnancy 10months ago. I did think as I only have a stone to lose that it's probably going to be hard to lose. so I did think 1lb a week would be an ideal steady pace so that would make it a lot easier on myself than trying to reach a 2month goal that I earlier suggested. X
  • LemonadeCandy_
    LemonadeCandy_ Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    At about 30lbs overweight I lost 10 lbs in a month just by changing my diet and moderately exercising. If you work hard at it, depending on your metabolism and if you have any health issues, 1 stone shouldn't be too hard. My goal is usually to lose between 5-8 lbs, so I was pleasantly surprised.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Just wondered what your weight loss was within a month and what was your initial goal? I was hoping to lose a stone within 2months.
    I keep seeing it..
    What's a stone?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i lose about a half pound to pound a week (not sure what that is in stones)

since jan 1, ive lost 10pounds.

since last YEAR, ive lost 84 pounds.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    1 stone = 14 pounds
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    1 stone = 14 pounds

Thanks.
  • julieakerr754
    julieakerr754 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing it..
    What's a stone?

1 stone = 14lb
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I started at 263lbs. For the first 60lbs or so, I lost 10-12 per month. Then it was 6-8 per month. Since hitting about 85lbs lost, it's been 2-4 per month. (Currently down 102lbs).
  • hybridangel
    hybridangel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing it..
    What's a stone?

A stone is 14lbs