90 days, 50 lbs GONE & 60 lbs to go!! (Pic)

Options
kacowgill99
kacowgill99 Posts: 43 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
I am absolutely shocked to be writing this. I've lurked (in an uncreepy way, promise!) on MFP for years and tried to lose weight several different ways over the past 5-6 years but nothing stuck. I always did and still enjoy reading success stories on here but until now I never thought that I could be one of them. Like many others before me, late last fall something clicked in me and I decided I was going to give up my poor diet and engage in a healthier life. My struggle left me hopeless but once the fire was lit I haven't looked back. MFP has been such a huge part of my success from the accountability to the support I see for and from others.

Of course I would be kidding myself if I didn't mention the support of my amazing girlfriend Ally and my family & friends. As those of you who have and are doing it know the support of loved ones makes a huge difference.

I still have 60 lbs to lose and can use all the support I can get. I also enjoy rooting on my MFP friends so feel free to add me.

5'8" / 29 years old

Start December 10th
Weight: 274 lbs
Waist: 55 in
Neck: 19.5 in
BMI: 41.7 (Severe Morbid Obesity)

Now March 9th
Weight: 224 lbs
Waist: 48.5 in
Neck: 17 in
BMI: 34.1 (Obese)

q6lwtafrruhm.jpg

Replies

• codygish
    codygish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are well on your way! Well done.
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I can't wait until I hit the 50lb mark. You are looking great!
  • Wex25
    Wex25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great, a massive well done, keep up the good work. :smile:
  • mel_the_shell
    mel_the_shell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome! You're doing fantastic
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person, stay for the long haul. I'm sure you feel so much better!
  • noexcuses0626
    noexcuses0626 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! So what's your secret? My hubby is looking for advice!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    you look great! keep that fire stoked!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Keep up the good work! And don't be hesitant to get involved on the message boards, there is so much support to be had from everyone :)
  • PowerFwd
    PowerFwd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

I am just starting out. How did you do it? Counting calories only? Low carbs? both?
  • watkins1980
    watkins1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Did you do any exercise like cardio or weights?
  • Rockthatbodyat35
    Rockthatbodyat35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well Done , Congrats
  • Sapphires4me
    Sapphires4me Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep going!
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congrats! All of your hard work is paying off. I'm so glad you have a great support system too. Keep up the good work and you'll be there before you know it!
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Great job man! I'm also 29, 5'10" and started at 367 but was down to 334 this week. Can't wait til I pass the 50 lb Mark!

You're an inspiration to me to keep going
  • MrsRbeckett
    MrsRbeckett Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good for you :smile:
  • cmr3399
    cmr3399 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely shocked to be writing this. I've lurked (in an uncreepy way, promise!) on MFP for years and tried to lose weight several different ways over the past 5-6 years but nothing stuck. I always did and still enjoy reading success stories on here but until now I never thought that I could be one of them. Like many others before me, late last fall something clicked in me and I decided I was going to give up my poor diet and engage in a healthier life. My struggle left me hopeless but once the fire was lit I haven't looked back. MFP has been such a huge part of my success from the accountability to the support I see for and from others.

Of course I would be kidding myself if I didn't mention the support of my amazing girlfriend Ally and my family & friends. As those of you who have and are doing it know the support of loved ones makes a huge difference.

I still have 60 lbs to lose and can use all the support I can get. I also enjoy rooting on my MFP friends so feel free to add me.

5'8" / 29 years old

Start December 10th
    Weight: 274 lbs
    Waist: 55 in
    Neck: 19.5 in
    BMI: 41.7 (Severe Morbid Obesity)

Now March 9th
    Weight: 224 lbs
    Waist: 48.5 in
    Neck: 17 in
    BMI: 34.1 (Obese)

q6lwtafrruhm.jpg

• lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I have just joined this site again after 4 years I think it is.
    I'm finding myself lurking in the success stories section reading posts to inspire me.
    I'm like you in the way that it has just clicked in my head and I really want this!
    Just want to say, Thankyou for putting your story on, you inspire people like me.
    Well done
  • JUknowPK
    JUknowPK Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!! very motivating. I am going to send you a friend request if you don't mind.
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Please keep posting, you are doing a wonderful job! Do you notice feeling more energetic?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!