Honest opinions please (but don't be too mean!)

Options
jo_marnes
jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
Ok, well first off, this is the first time I've tried to post pics, so I hope it works. Anyway, I've been on the weight loss journey for over 3 years now (since I had my 3rd child) and have lost 25kg since then. I've only joined MFP within the last 6 mths and have been using it so that I know how many calories I should be eating. I've been 'maintaining' for a while now, but this year have been diagnosed with celiac disease (so have to be gluten free) and since going GF I have lost a couple of kgs. Anyways, I was motivated to get a couple of pics of my back as I've seen a few amazing pics on here - was curious to see what mine looked like!

So, hubby took the pics - see below. I know what my reaction was but I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks. Thankyou

DSCF8662.jpg

DSCF8663.jpg

DSCF8661.jpg

Replies

• Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow! I want a back likle that. What do you do?
  • LauraJo08
    LauraJo08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow your definition is amazing! What kind of exercise do you do if you don't mind me asking?

P.S. I don't know how anyone is going to be mean, your back is flawlessly toned and strong!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!
  • siufat2409
    siufat2409 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would like to know also~~~~~~~~~Tell us Coach~~~~~
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Sunny_Lexie Posts: 114
    Options
    Nice muscles! :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    You gotta tell us what you do to get your back like that!!! I have the worst back fat and I'm trying to do a lot of back muscle exercises and I'm seeing a little improvement, but I'm curious to see what you do!
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    That's actually Jillian Micheals with blonde hair, right? lol- you look FAB! :smokin:
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Thanks everyone.... my initial reaction was 'I'm too thin!'..... that's really what I wondered if people would think.

As for what I do? I don't lift any weights! Except those in Jillian Michaels DVDs (I use 2.5kg hand weights). I guess it's all about using your own body weight. I do classes (Combat/ Attack) and occasionally do Pump, but not often enough for it to make much difference. I guess it's all from push ups etc from the DVDs. I own JM 30 Day Shred, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism and 6 wk 6 pack. I also own the Australian Biggest Loser's Cardio Burn and Calorie Killer. I walk and I do run (but not that often) and I guess chasing after my 3 boys helps.... hahaha.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    You know what, one of my fitness goals is to have that lean and toned back like yours.
  • minnie86
    minnie86 Posts: 187
    Options
    My completely honest opinion is that you look amazing! you are super toned and I wish I had that back!
  • jo_marnes
    Options
    Thankyou for your comments everyone :-)
  • acaudill042106
    acaudill042106 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting. I am just now starting to workout after my 3rd child AND doing the 30 day shred. You have given me lots of motivation to just keep at it. You look awesome by the way!
  • Cheryl_Catrair
    Cheryl_Catrair Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and we're all envious! :-)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    when i saw the post, i thought you might be asking if you looked too skinny. i have seen some posts on here where honestly the women look unhealthy. i didn't think that when i saw your pics. i have a friend who is athletic and slim and her backs looks like that. i'm sure it has been hard to adjust to a GF diet. as long as you are eating enough calories and protein, i think you are good. congrats on your weight loss!
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look very lean, most of us aspire to that low of BF
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Great example of an extremely lean back on a female. Oh, and as to too thin, only a body fat % number can give insight into that and depends if you really buy what they say is too low for a women(i don't). Looks good, doesn't give me the impression of too thin.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!