Isagenix!?

Options
so, I have been using isagenix for a while- two shakes a day about three or four times a week... wondering if anyone has had any experience with long term isagenix and weight loss... i mean i honestly feel like it is making me (keeping me) bloated. just feeling confused and not sure which way to go next....

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Stop throwing away your money and eat real food instead.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Their shakes are just overpriced meal replacement shakes. Eat food. Track calories. Save money.

If you really want to drink your meals, buy a decent protein powder or cheaper shakes (like slimfast). Its not the shake that will make you lose weight....its the calorie deficit.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Isagenix is a multi level marketing low quality product with a high cost. Don't be fooled by mlm companies , they are a joke
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    In addition to the fab advice everyone else is giving, if it's making you feel bloated, you may be sensitive to one or more of the ingredients in it. Might cut it out for a couple weeks and see if you feel better. Things that are good for you shouldn't make you feel sick. :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Overpriced MLM garbage which doesn't live up to it's advertising hype. The only benefit is to the people who make money ripping you off/selling them to you. The only place you'll lose weight is in your wallet.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself "How is this actually teaching me how to eat correctly when all I drink are shakes?"

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    If it's making you bloated more than usual, that right there should tell you it's not good for you (or anyone). A lot of these shakes and supplements are just cheaper ingredients mixed together but sold for a luxury item price. Plus, they really have no impact on long term weight loss. Some people might be successful on them, but you will save SO much money (and your health!) being successful on your own.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    qbnsawpko1og.jpg

Pictured: The only things worth having from that company, because they smell nice. Notice you can ingest NEITHER of them.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    And to be totally fair: I got these for x-mas. I would never actually pay for them. Dove is cheaper and just as good.

You don't need isagenix crap to lose weight. You just need to eat less than you burn. Don't overcomplicate it. It's so so easy once you figure out how simple it is (compared to the hellish nightmare the world has everyone convinced weight loss should be)
  • findingmyway2fit
    findingmyway2fit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. You can eat real, actual food for way less than the cost of those shakes. I just had a years-long friendship pretty much come to an end because she got sucked into the Isa hype. We couldn't have a single conversation without it revolving around shakes. When it got to point of her trying to tell me what I could/couldn't eat when we would meet up for lunch, I was done. I don't want to spend $50 on powdered greens when I can go get fresh spinach for a fraction of that.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Stop throwing away your money and eat real food instead.

^^ +1
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping the OP will at least come back and read all this great advice. Seldom if ever do.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I amuses me that 'isagenix' can actually be translated as 'I say nothing' coming from my particular dialect of German...
  • shoegirll
    shoegirll Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I read it all.....
  • shoegirll
    shoegirll Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    And based on everyone's feedback j am actually returning the order I got
    I'm just struggling like everyone else here.....
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I know two people who have lost vast amounts of weight doing it but that is not the norm (It was 2 brothers fyi so I think they may have shared the cost and I know now, one of them sells them because he still swears by them). usually, they are just filler and gritty and gross. Food defiantly... especially if they are making you feel gross.

Now, as a once in a while... O snap, I'm running really late and need to fuel my body till I can get me some real food... I think is fine.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    shoegirll wrote: »
    I read it all.....

This is good to hear.

Hope you get things sorted out shoegirll. :) These products really aren't worth our time, and they have the audacity to charge folks for the privilege... Save that money for food.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with this product, but I do keep SlimFast in the house for those times when I'm really busy and don't have time to plan out a meal. It can come in handy for that kind of thing, but otherwise I would rather chew on something, lol.