Need exercise's and activities with a metal disk in my back

Options
I have a metal disk and metal placeholder in my back between my S7 and L1, I also have a terribly misplaced neurostimulater, which limits what exercises I can do. Not to mention in a year and a half I have had very little exercise because of these four surgeries, healing times, and pain. So yes I am completely out of shape. I do not have the money for the gym, but that works out because I love being outside. So does anyone have advice on exercises I can do at home preferably with my 3 year old. Or any outdoor activities that I can do with my 3 year old that will help me build muscle and lose weight. I really need help in these body areas, my core, my spinal supporting muscles, and my legs.

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Given your medical history, I would strongly suggest you check with your doctor and/or a physical therapist. Nobody posting on these forums can give reliable advice.

Best of luck.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Given your medical history, I would strongly suggest you check with your doctor and/or a physical therapist. Nobody posting on these forums can give reliable advice.

Best of luck.
    I absolutely agree. I'd say the only safe bet is walking. Anything else and you'd need to ask a doctor or physical therapist.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You might also ask the docs about chair yoga. It tends towards those with limited mobility.