Hello im new and looking to loose 100 pounds

Options
my name is Shasta. Im a mother of a 1 year old and a 2 year old and i've always been way over weight my whole life. I heard of this site from cafe mom and im hoping it can help.

Replies

• Regina1185
    Regina1185 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hello! I am looking to lose about that much also and am almost halfway there. I have a 5 and a 2 year old and having kids can really make things a bit more difficult. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other through these 100 lbs!!
  • Breanne2010
    Options
    All power to ya :) I'm new too, motivation is my problem really but my 2nd mother told me about this site and she's already lost 12 lbs in about a month, it's going to take a bit of time but you can do this ;)
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Welcome-I'm on Cafe Mom too so glad you found MFP. I lost 80 lbs prior to joining MFP and I'm on here to maintain my weight loss. It's a great tool for healthy living-although logging calories and weighing yourself can become obsessive LOL. Initially I lost weight by eating low carb but realized the weight was starting to creep up again. I finally realized that the key is to eat a well balanced diet while maintaining the right amount of calories needed for weight loss, in addition to a regular exercise regimen. It just takes self control and will power to succeed. You can do it! :smile:
  • mjbraun0609
    mjbraun0609 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am looking to lose a lot of weight too. I am just starting out and getting people to understand what I am going through is the hardest part. I have 2 daughters and 8 yr old and a 3 month old so it has been difficult finding time to exercise and eating right.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This site is a super place to start but It has to be you that does the work and wants to lose the weight.! I have been here for 4.5 months and have lost 65lbs., I am hoping to lose 120 total.. Use the website to help you track what you eat but eat healthy and within the limits that MFP has set for you and you will lose weight. Dont try to lose it too quickly otherwise you might have a hard time keeping it off. Slow and steady wins the race. If you have a bad meal or a bad day DONT let it blow your entire diet. No body is perfect! Some people take a cheat day some dont. Do what WORKS for you not what you want to work. Personally I dont take a cheat day and I dont take a day off from the exercise. I may do less exercise one day of the week but usually it just depends on whats going on, how I feel or how much time I have.
    Good luck and read the message boards as Im sure you will have a lot of questions.. If you would like to message me and ask me go head I will be glad to help you..
    Add me as a friend if you would like!

4925355.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi Regina. Welcome!

If you're interested, there is a group for people looking to lose 100 pounds or more. It's a great group of people who support each other.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/255694-need-to-lose-100-lbs-or-more-lets-start-a-group
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello Shasta, welcome :flowerforyou: I think you will like it here. I am new as well, just 5 days in. This is a great site. Good luck on your journey to a healthier and leaner you. And...wish me luck too. :smile:
  • cruzncrystal
    Options
    Hi. I'm Crystal. I'm new too. I need to lose 100 pounds too. Right now, I'd just like to get to 200. Then, I'll focus on the rest. I'm hoping that this site will motivate me. I have been struggling for the past year. I feel like I work all the time and haven't made time for me--especially to make healthy choices. I hope that this works.
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to join my group... It is the 100+lbs to lose support group. We have some awesome supportive people on there, who would love to be your friends and help you along. feel free to friend me! Good luck!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Welcome! I wish you the best in your journey :)
  • deborahmorris
    deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome...this is a great place to begin your journey...there are some many great people here and I have found some really nice people here.....they keep me motivated and always will to give info if you need.

Pease feel free to add me..I too have been overweight all of my life and I to am looking to lose about 95 more pounds...since January to present I have lost 32lbs but since MFP 17lbs.

Feel free to add me if you would like!!

As they say "slow and steady wins the race"

:flowerforyou:
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!!!!!! I, too, am in that need to lose 110+ bracket and I am nearly half way there. Feel free to Friend me. There are several groups specifically for people like us that need to loos 100+...jump in a join!!!!!!!
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me. I'm 45lbs into a 119lb goal.
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Alright, I'm a dumb butt. . .

In my welcome message, I grabbed the wrong name, though I do certainly want to welcome Regina too. So, offically, I say "Welcome, Shasta!!" :flowerforyou:
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i have been here for about 2 years on and off. I am at about 50 lbs loss right now, I have around 110 left to loose

I have a almost 8 yr old and a 4 yr old.