Starbucks is my downfall

Options
2»

Replies

• rsngmn
    rsngmn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For winter caffe Americano, for summer iced Americano, pretty low on calories :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love the Starbucks app where I can customize and order my drink before I get to the store - this way I can avoid the impulse purchases in the store and just go right to the pick up area and grab my drink and go. I've been getting an iced coffee with Sugar free caramel syrup and a splash of non-fat milk. My other faves when I have more calories are a Skinny Vanilla Latte or a Skinny Caramel Machiatto.

I got a Ninja Coffee Bar for Christmas though and it has seriously decreased my Starbucks consumption. It makes the best iced coffee!
  • biscuitnow
    biscuitnow Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love Starbucks, but as I lost more and more weight, I learned to go there less often. It's become a special treat and/or social thing by now. The cash I saved in the process was a pleasant side effect, which I am unfortunately used to by now. ;) I wouldn't stress over it if I were you. As long as it fits into your calories, it's no problem, and maybe your preferences will change at some point anyway.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I used to like Starbuck's but it just isn't that good anymore. I'd rather go to a local indie coffee shop with better bean and better baristas who really know their stuff. Our local Valley Java uses all organic bean, and their drinks taste like coffee and heaven, not watered down instant junk. :) Costs a little more, but if I'm going to spend some calories on a caramel latte I want the good stuff.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I used to like Starbuck's but it just isn't that good anymore. I'd rather go to a local indie coffee shop with better bean and better baristas who really know their stuff. Our local Valley Java uses all organic bean, and their drinks taste like coffee and heaven, not watered down instant junk. :) Costs a little more, but if I'm going to spend some calories on a caramel latte I want the good stuff.

I go to Bridgehead. I can't have a latte anywhere else now. They all just taste like chemicals now.. lol
    It is a little more than even a starbucks, but I cut down how often I go, so I figure I can now and then.

I do agree, if I'm going to spend my money and my calories on something, it better be good and I better be enjoying it.

Eating or drinking food I don't link just isn't worth it.

• Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I go to Starbucks a couple times a week, mostly on the weekends, and another couple local coffee shops. Always order the same thing no matter what time of year: large hot black coffee. I used to put cream and sugar in it, but have pretty much stopped adding anything to my coffee since early last year. How can you beat 10 calories and caffeine?!?!
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tall Skinny Mocha...110 calories.

Agree with this! Cross between a latte and hot chocolate.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    When ever I go to Sevenbucks, I get a Skinny Latte with 5 shots of espresso. Best part is giving false names for my cup. Like Mother Theresa. That's usually a hit.
  • erinmacchio
    erinmacchio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a Starbucks junkie also. I found that replacing the latte with a misto has helped. No Espresso. It's just coffee with steamed milk. Since most of the calories in the latte are from the milk, this reduces that.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    stop going?

i dont buy peanut butter cups often because i can't stop eating them. therefore, i stand in the checkout line and look mournfully at them, but resist their sweeet sweet song,begging me to pick them up and take them home and EAT THEM ALL.

being a responsible grown up sucks.
  • Blondie_130
    Blondie_130 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Coffee! To reduce milk you could get an Americano misto, or a coffee misto. That's half steamed milk. I get mine with a pump of gingerbread or cinnamon dolce syrup.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I go to Starbucks a couple times a week, mostly on the weekends, and another couple local coffee shops. Always order the same thing no matter what time of year: large hot black coffee. I used to put cream and sugar in it, but have pretty much stopped adding anything to my coffee since early last year. How can you beat 10 calories and caffeine?!?!

+1
  • Byrekyla
    Byrekyla Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Start drinking regular americanos. They are awesome. But then again you can easily save the money and make a pot of regular coffee at home. I normally use Starbucks lately to acquire a newspaper, and black coffee.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't like Starbucks anymore... It makes me jittery... I make a good cup of strong coffee at home and it's delish.
    Saves money too!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    I don't like Starbucks coffee, I never did. I find it too strong and very acidic. I prefer the Kona/Hawaiian coffee that my husband prepares everyday in the morning and early afternoon; no milk or creamers, just splenda. When we go out for coffee with prefer the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Company. Better coffee for our taste.
  • celinend
    celinend Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Starbucks nut by any means, but it sure is a convenient caffeine fix. I usually get cappuccinos in the morning, since a tall with 2% milk is 90 calories, or a grande unsweetened cold brew with coconut milk in the afternoon for 25 calories.