I did a stupid thing...

Options
So Hubby is taking me out to my favorite steak house for my birthday dinner tonight. I pre-logged my favorite huge rib eye so I could plan out my day with minimal overage. For lunch, my plan was to walk 45 minutes roundtrip and grab a 200 calorie protein bar.

Here's the stupid part. I got a bit dressed up for work today (it is my birthday after all) including 3.5 inch wedge heels. I forgot my sneakers. I did the walk anyway, and now have 3 nice blisters. One of which had ripped open.

I pray that no one in my office notices that I am barefoot under my desk! But at least the cool tile floor is very soothing.

And I guess I will be sticking to a bike for my cardio for the next few days

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    OUCH! I have an extra pair of sneakers I keep in my desk at work so I don't have to bother with bringing them back and forth. Hope your footsies feel better soon!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    My sneakers never leave my desk. Poor you and those birthday blisters. :(

Have fun tonight birthday girl!!!
  • HeidiThe9
    HeidiThe9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think my old gym sneakers are going to find a new home under my desk! I wear flats 90% of the time, so this is never an issue. But now that I am down 30 pounds, my sexy shoes are getting much more comfortable!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I literally just did the same thing yesterday. It wasn't my birthday, but I did a little over a mile in heels. Luckily, no blisters for me though. :(
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    There may be good news. You may have burned more calories walking in them.

Poor girl, that hurts. Enjoy your steak! You earned it!

Happy birthday!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ow!
    Happy birthday!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ow. I would have skipped the walk. Good for you.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

nothing like giving yourself crappy gifts :P

Hope you have a great night tonight.. sorry to hear about the ouchies!
  • HeidiThe9
    Options
    Shoot, I think I made this worse by leaving the shoes off. I put them back on to go get something from another lab, and I was hobbling so bad! I think my feet may have just swelled up...

Ahhhh!

• trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Kudos for still doing that much walking in heels.....I can't stand 10 minutes in heels let alone constant walking for 45 minutes on top of wearing them all day! Definitely should plan more ahead. Perhaps buy a pair of tennis shoes to keep in your car all the time?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Aua... poor thing! I can totally feel your pain! You've more than earned that nice dinner for your birthday.

Good luck for the rest of the day. (taking off the shoes does tend to make it feel worse. At least you've got a cool floor to lay them against. Might help a teensy weensy bit for that swelling).
  • HeidiThe9
    Options
    Luckily my pants are getting super baggy and long, and almost the same color as my gray socks, so I think I can get away with no shoes till 5 (Gross, but a necessary evil)

I said I work in a Lab, but it is an electronics lab, so there is no disgusting things on the floor to worry about thankfully!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I hope you have a comfy pair of shoes to wear tonight, and some moleskin.

Have a wonderful dinner & birthday!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Surely your office has a first aid kit (if not you should!). Grab a few band-aids.