Walden Farms calorie free dressings and sauces

Options
We all know sugar-free products are usually pumped full of other sneaky diet- sabotaging ingredients.
I love the walden farms chocolate syrup, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard that these calorie free
dressings and sauces can be bad for you? Or are they ok to use sparingly? Has anyone read anything
bad about them?

Replies

• djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    Not sure about bad for you..but I've heard they aren't exactly delicious.
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    if you like them, eat them. I know that diet pop is supposedly bad for you but i still drink like 4 a day because it tastes good and has no calories. Although for me, I care more about gaining weight than I guess... dying? I'm also pretty sure it doesn't matter!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have tried a lot of the Walden Farms products because I am diabetic. They are not very good. In fact I do not buy them anymore.
  • cathedralite22
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I've used the Honey Dijon dressing as a substitute for mayo on some things.
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just looked that up...it seems way too good to be true!
  • JenFerguson1
    Options
    where can we buy these?
  • JenFerguson1
    Options
    where do we buy these?
  • cathedralite22
    Options
    I find them in the larger chain grocery stores.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You might want to try Maple Grove Farms fat free wasabi dijon dressing. Only 40 calories in 2 Tbsp, and it actually taste good. I tried the cesear dressing with only 10 calories / 2 Tbsp, but did not like that nearly as much. Also the Newman's Own Honey Mustard dressing has more calories, but good flavor. Those are the best I've tried in the fat free - low fat dressings.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    where do we buy these?
    www.waldenfarms.com you can order them online and have them shipped to you...
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I use the honey dijon on sandwiches instead of mayo or another dressing. I use the Italian for the same thing, or a slow cooker over pork (yum).

Honestly, I need all the help I can get. :laugh:
  • p_nutprincess
    p_nutprincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been meaning to try the Honey Dijon.
    I've tried the bleu cheese and it's AWFUL.
    I have heard that the bacon one is not too bad...
  • p_nutprincess
    p_nutprincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    where do we buy these?

I get mine at either Harris Teeter or Kroger, but if you
    don't have either of these stores, the walden farms
    website has a store locator :)
  • JenFerguson1
    Options
    thanks! I see they sell them at some walmarts. Hopefully I can find them...Whether they suck or not, they have 0 calories!! Thats all that matters haha
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I really like the Italian and Asian. The Balsamic isn't bad at all. Creamy Bacon has a good flavor if you can get past the little fake bits of bacon. I find that the most important think is to use them sparingly...too much and the flavor and be a little off putting. I use 2T for 100 grams of salad greens. I've also used some of them to marinate meat before grilling.

I get mine at HEB grocery stores in Houston.

They definitely have to process the heck out of them to get them 0 calories and 0 fat...but how much worse could it be than what I was eating? it isn't like they are made out of rat poison right?

P.S. I DON'T recommend their peanut butter substitute spread...ick, ick, ick.
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I've use the Bacon Ranch, its ok, and the caesar I have almost everyday. The caesar is edible at least. If you're trying to get down salad with SOME enjoyment, Walden Farms will help. Not even close to the real thing though, clearly. I have also used the honey dijon as a replacement for mayo, its a great idea.
  • bodyrocks365
    Options
    I really like the Italian and Asian. The Balsamic isn't bad at all. Creamy Bacon has a good flavor if you can get past the little fake bits of bacon. I find that the most important think is to use them sparingly...too much and the flavor and be a little off putting. I use 2T for 100 grams of salad greens. I've also used some of them to marinate meat before grilling.

I get mine at HEB grocery stores in Houston.

They definitely have to process the heck out of them to get them 0 calories and 0 fat...but how much worse could it be than what I was eating? it isn't like they are made out of rat poison right?

P.S. I DON'T recommend their peanut butter substitute spread...ick, ick, ick.
    I agree. I just bought the pb. It is NOT almost pb :( It is almost sweet and nasty tasting. But...I'll admit..if you just can't have the xtra cals and need a pbj it helps in a pinch.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I recently tried the coleslaw dressing and was very happy with it. It will appeal to you if you like a sweet coleslaw. I cut it with some apple cider vinegar to tone down the sweet. It is also good in tuna.