I am so frustrated

Options
I am working out,logging food & water, but the weighing scale does not go down!!!!. I am taking medication at the moment. I was eating 1900 on a calorie deficit. Should I change the calories I am eating!!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Where did you get the goal of 1,900?

How long has it been since you've lost weight?

How are you measuring your food?
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    How long have you been working on it? I didn't see results until about 6 weeks in because of water retention.
    Also, check into your meds and see if they might make you retain water.

1900 sounds on the high side to me, but not out of the question-- particularly if you have significant weight to lose, it could be correct.

You can always try dropping your calorie goal by 100 or 200 calories per day for two or three weeks and see if that changes things.
  • janejellyroll
    Options

MyFitnessPal gave me 1900,last week I lost 1kg & I am measuring my food as accurately.

You lost 1 kg last week?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

MyFitnessPal gave me 1900,last week I lost 1kg & I am measuring my food as accurately.

If you started last week and lost 1 kg, why would you want to change anything?
  • janejellyroll
    Options

After weighing myself I was thinking I am eating too much calories so I changed it to 1500!!

But if I understand your post correctly, you lost weight just last week. If you're losing weight, then you aren't eating too much.
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    last week you lost 1kg? so.. What's the problem if you are seeing change?
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    When I got to the point where I started eating 1900 a day, that was .5 lbs. per week for me, though it doesn't really translate that way in the real world. I hang on to weight for a week or two, and then I know I'm about to whoosh down a pound or two when I start peeing a lot more frequently even when I haven't had anything to drink in awhile.

When I first started, the whooshes would happen for several days in a row, and then I might start plateuing again for the next week or two. Now the whooshes happen for a day or two and then I plateau for at least two weeks before I lose another one.
  • jemhh
    Options
    This sounds like a case of unrealistic expectations. If I am reading correctly, you started dieting last week at 1900 calories and then lost 1 kg (2.2 pounds), which is a great loss for the first week. There's no reason to do anything different at this point.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    This sounds like a case of unrealistic expectations. If I am reading correctly, you started dieting last week at 1900 calories and then lost 1 kg (2.2 pounds), which is a great loss for the first week. There's no reason to do anything different at this point.

Why I cannot lose weight every week if I am doing everything right.

Because you're not a machine. Bodies are complicated.
  • carswell413
    carswell413 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Because you're not a machine. Bodies are complicated.

Amen
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I changed my calorie intake from 1900 to 1500

Making a drastic change to your goal because you haven't loss in . . . a few days is madness.
  • jemhh
    edited March 2016
    Options

First off, you said that you did lose weight.

Secondly, you will likely not lose every single week. If you do lose, it won't be by the same amount each week for most people. You may have weeks where you gain. You may have weeks where you maintain. Your chosen goal loss rate should be thought of as a weekly average over the long term, not a weekly absolute loss rate.
  • jemhh
    Options
    I have the though of changing my calorie intake so that I won't be eating to much. I started 1900 will change it to 1500. I am also in a calorie deficit.

What are your height, weight, age, exercise level, and activity level other than exercise (i.e., are you sedentary, do you have an active job, etc.) Also, how many pounds per week did you tell MFP that you want to lose when you set up your profile?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    veljlk71o4z9.jpg
    1.jpg 135.4K