Stretch marks! >:l

Options
I know how hard it is to get stretch marks to go away but I need them gone! I have them on my inner and outer thighs and I don't know what to do! I have tried lotions but they didn't work. Has anyone gotten their stretch marks to disappear or at least look like they are gone?! Please help! It is one of my biggest insecurities..

Replies

• abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I hear some disappear with time and some just dont go away depending on the severity.
  • slimrb2011
    slimrb2011 Posts: 122
    Options
    bump....also want to know the answer to this!
  • mimimiau
    mimimiau Posts: 18
    Options
    hi...try bio oil...it's going to help...but it has to be used for a min of 3 months...good luck
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Me too! Let me know when you figure it out! :)
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    I have the same issue, and I also have them on my sides. Embarrassing since I don't have any kids! The ones on my thighs happened well before I was overweight. Stupid genetics :noway:
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    tanning is supposed to help.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are never gone, they are scar tissue. They fade over time so depending on when you got them, and how you lost your weight will determine how long it takes for them to fade (and genetics) tanning helps reduce their appearance. The only true way to help "get rid of them" is through laser therapy which hurts like a B**** you cannot tan and you have to avoid certain foods during the 6-9 months of treatments 1-2 a month... and it isnt cheap
  • kristine321
    Options
    Stretch marks will never go away. They will fade with time. I know thats probably not the answer you wanted, but this is what I have discovered.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Depends on how 'bad' they are. Don't use just any lotions, use cocoa butter, or try merderma (not spelling it right). I have them from being pregnant on my butt a little and on my boobs (bad there, because they got huge and then disappeared after I stopped bf-ing... nothing has really worked for me that I've tried.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are genetics, some get them some don't. You can try Mederma, Body Butter Lotion, Bio Oil, etc but they may never go completely away.
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Reiterating that stretch marks will shrink, they will fade, but they will not go away completely. A tan is supposed to help hide them, but I don't recommend that as it is damaging to your already damaged skin. Tanning lotions may help hide them.
  • Sheriemae
    Sheriemae Posts: 248
    Options
    I've had stretch marks on my thighs since I was in my ealry teens. Cocoa butter seemed to help a little with the color, but that's about it, they don't go away, but they will lighten up though. I'm sure thats not what you wanted to hear, but don't focuss on them so much. Everyone is their own worse critic, and I know for sure you notice them more than anyboday else.
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Coca butter helps (tone body wash)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Reiterating that stretch marks will shrink, they will fade, but they will not go away completely. A tan is supposed to help hide them, but I don't recommend that as it is damaging to your already damaged skin. Tanning lotions may help hide them.

Tanning lotions make them worse because the lotion gathers in the grooves and can make them look worse/darker
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    bump
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If they are silver then they are here to stay. If they r red then u still have time. Lotion or cosmetic surgery.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I got mine when I was about 11, when I had a growth spurt. I have them on my hips, inner thighs and around my knees. I tried for YEARS to get rid of them. Now I embrace them. They are my tiger stripes. Rawr.
  • defygravity0915
    Options
    Tanning does help, but please be careful. A tanning lotion will work just as well and is much less dangerous than hours unprotected in the sun. Also cocoa butter will help over time as will Vitamin E. I have a bad scar on my arm from a childhood injury and I used to pop open a Vitamin E pill..slather in on the scar and wait to let it dry- a cumbersome ritual but it did reduce the appearance of my scars.

Also bio oil and mederma can be quite costly. It might be more sustainable to try one of the other avenues if its something you have to maintain.