DDP YOGA

Options
Has anyone ever tried DDP yoga? I started it last week and I'm loving it. Just want other opinions.

Replies

• FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So what is DDP?
  • kcdambuster
    kcdambuster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Apparently, from Wikipedia:

Diamond Dallas Page is an ex professional wrestler who took up yoga whilst recovering from injury.

He then developed his own DDP Yoga program.

http://ddpyoga.com
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Love the transformation videos he puts up. Onions!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x8EZrm3Nik
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    The workouts are excellent. I'm not a fan of the meal plan (removing things for the sake of removing things doesn't interest me). Some of the more devout followers are on the cultish side, but that seems to happen with any any fitness/health/exercise group.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I borrowed it from my brother in law last night - I'm not a big fan...it was nice for a change and was tough, but I like my yoga at a slower pace.
  • CarolLorion
    CarolLorion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Doing it with my husband. He has a bad back, and I need to increase my flexibility. It's a win-win. He enjoys it (though he struggles) and we both remember DDP from his wrestling days, and we laugh as we go. We typically eat pretty clean anyway, so we don't follow the diet plan. Instead, we follow our own which is manageable for us. Otherwise, we wouldn't stick to it.
  • liftsalltheweights
    liftsalltheweights Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've done it and I like it. I did the program (minus the meal plan) last year and lost some inches. It's funny because my husband walked in on me doing it and he was like "That dude sounds like a wrestler!"
  • mytimetoshine5
    mytimetoshine5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also started it last week, and so far I am loving it. I am not following the meal plan to a T, however I am starting to cut out all the bad stuff from my diet and I am already down a couple pounds. Feel free to add me if you like. It would be nice to have a friend that's doing the same program :)