Over 50? Let's do this together! :)

Options
Hi all, my name is Marie and I just started a healthier lifestyle on Monday. I have yo-yo'd up and down with my weight throughout the course of my life (I'm 52), and most of the weight gain has been the result of emotional eating. I was also raised by a family who owned restaurants, and I'm Italian, so I grew up surrounded by a lot of food and encouraged to eat all the time...fun, but that didn't help! I have to lose about 75 lbs., and am looking for a lot of friends to journey with! Thanks, and keep fighting the good fight! :)

Replies

• Clau59Ia
    Clau59Ia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • ntocher
    ntocher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi MarieLosingIt, I'm 67 &, like you have been going up& down all my life. This is so embarrassing but I just have to own it. I have a little over 100 Lbs to loose. I went to my doctor on Monday after some blood work, he highly recommended this app. His entire office uses it. I have to admit it's pretty user friendly. If you don't mind I would love to do this with you. Please let me know what you think. If you don't want to I will totally understand. Besides a big belly I also have big shoulders. Lol. I look forward to hearing from you.
  • DeniseCole5
    DeniseCole5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me,i am 54 years of age. I started again on Monday and go on the computer most days.
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm 52 and I just started again on Monday add me plz and we could keep in touch thks
  • Bibia2418
    Bibia2418 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    hi! I'm 60...looking for motivating people around my age! Just started Sunday with my fitbit one!
  • Dilligaff0
    Dilligaff0 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie! Many similarities: I'm also in my 50's and have fluctuating weight. Mostly on the high end; it's been a while since it's been in the low end. Today is Day 2 Serious for me. I usually tackle "projects" at 200 mph, and with weight loss, I fail. So this time, I'm looking for slow and steady for a life "adaptation". I've spent a month with my Fitbit on vacation and managed my steps goal almost all days. I'm back to reality now, and decided this week I would work on the food portion: wiser choices, measuring and recording. I need to find a more efficient way of getting exercise or at least increase my activity, so I'm preparing a plan to execute next week. I'm wide open for suggestions!
  • Clau59Ia
    Clau59Ia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    [Hi all, my name is Claudia, I am 56, and have been yo-yo-ing with my weight for a very long time. Would love to loose about 50 pounds. Please feel free to add me
  • orchidpetals59
    orchidpetals59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all I've just taken the puregym pure loser challenge for 6 weeks and been advised to download my fitness pal, so thought I'd say hi. I'm 56 nearing 57, was diagnosed type 2 diabetic last Feb and have lost over 7 stone in the last two years, now need the motivational support to lose the last 26 lbs and see if I can turn this diabetic state round hence my signing up for this course.
  • Maywin
    Maywin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie, I'm like you, I've been yo-yo dieting ever since I had my sons who are now 43 and 40. I'm 68 now and have a lovely granddaughter who's 13 and a lovely grandson who's 9 and I really want to lose another 28lbs and get fit so I can stay healthy and enjoy life with my family. Would love to offer support for you, please add me as a friend if you would like to. :)
  • jparks527
    jparks527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello I am 52 and just started 10 days ago. I decided to get in shape, so I am so happy to have heard about this place. Would love to have friends, so please add me