Cant get scale to budge

Options
I need to lose 10 lbs, I have completely cleaned up my diet 4 weeks ago, I'm staying at 1100-1200 calories, I'm 5'4.5". Always meeting my protein goals, easy to go over my carbs, they are usually 85-120. I'm frustrated. I'm exercising via swimming or recumbent bike. Also weights. Can't do more due to work schedule and feet issues. Need advice please.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now? The closer you get to your goal weight the tighter your logging needs to be.
  • lthur714
    lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you are gaining a lot of muscle, you will weigh more. Maybe that's your issue.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    lthur714 wrote: »
    If you are gaining a lot of muscle, you will weigh more. Maybe that's your issue.

Someone who is eating 1,100-1,200 calories is unlikely to be gaining a lot of muscle -- especially in one month.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    lthur714 wrote: »

lol - no. not on 1100 calories and some swimming and biking.
  • caitlinbaker92
    caitlinbaker92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should try to do combination of yoga, strength training and cardio. Popsugar fitness has tons of good 15-30min videos Im sure there will be some you will be able to do.
  • vintagecrimes
    vintagecrimes Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    get a measuring tape! I'm in the same boat and was getting frustrated until I started logging my measurements (waist, hips, bust, butt, arms and thighs) the scale still says the same but I've been losing inches everywhere.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Weighing all your food on a food scale?

Are you eating back exercise calories? How do you calculate the burn?

Quantity of food a lot more important than eating 'clean'. Focus less on 'healthy' and 'carbs' and more on accurately logging your food.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Care to open your diary?
  • drsuevanderjagt2
    drsuevanderjagt2 Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just opened my diary, I measure everything with a food scale, very carefully. My cardio is based upon what the equipment at gym says it is for my weight, which is always less than what mfp calculates. I never eat my exercise calories either.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    You need to do more. Simple as, surely....
  • drsuevanderjagt2
    Options
    Do more cardio?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Its not about what you eat, its about how much, so don't worry about the carbs but tighten up your overall logging. When we get to the final pounds it takes a bit longer as even being out by 100 calories a day can affect loss.

e.g Someone posted in another thread about not counting veggies, yet one person could eat 250 cals of veg and not logging that would really make a difference.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Over estimation of exercise calories is also an issue...
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I just opened my diary, I measure everything with a food scale, very carefully. My cardio is based upon what the equipment at gym says it is for my weight, which is always less than what mfp calculates. I never eat my exercise calories either.

MFP and machines can both be really high. Are you eating back exercise calories? Are you very sedentary the rest of the time you aren't working out? That could be contributing.

Also, it's possible if you just started working out 4 weeks ago you are retaining water. I know it's annoying, but if you are really logging accurately you might just have to be more patient. Lots of people only eat back 50% of exercise calories and that could help.

Are you always between 1100-1200 for 4 weeks solid with absolutely no weight loss? You sure there are no cheat meals or binge days you aren't counting in there? If you had a cheat meal once a week that could easily make your average closer to 1500 a day. Then if you are overcounting exercise calories and retaining some water, that's why you wouldn't see anything on the scale. I know it's irritating when everyone asks you about your logging, but we've all learned from experience that is generally the culprit. Any time I am not losing weight I make a concerted effort to get really precise with my logging. I always lose weight when I focus on that.
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    8qtf25q53yhd.jpg

/endthread
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    8qtf25q53yhd.jpg
  • drsuevanderjagt2
    Options
    When i was on 1100-1200 I was feeling sick and weak, so a friend who's a fitness guru suggested the recent changes i made to increase to 1400. I'm on my feet all day at work, but I'm a vet so its a lot of standing, not cardio related so I consider it sedentary. Oh and I'm fighting plantar fasciitis. And the last two weeks I've been 100% faithful with logging and measuring everything.
  • drsuevanderjagt2
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I never eat back exercise calories , so for sure in past two weeks everything logged, the 1400 calorie change was 5-6 days ago, feel better but of course gained 2.5 lbs, hoping its my body readjustment
  • DeadLift5
    DeadLift5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Body fat calipers.

Take body fat measurements at bi-weekly or monthly intervals and you will discover how much of a filthy liar a scale can be.

For.Real.

Aside from that, do you 'feel' lighter? Look slimmer?

Are you drinking alot of water?
    (Poor hydration can stop you in your tracks)

Taking a multi?
    Eating enough veggies?

Another thing not to overlook is that it's not just about what you eat but when you eat it.