Tuna

Options
2»

Replies

• CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Make your tuna salad with plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Mayo = really bad for you. Greek yogurt = really great for you. Granted, I'm not a hug mayo fan so the substitution is fine with me.

Someone mentioned cottage cheese, though, and I love that idea!
  • brandnewneek
    brandnewneek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    @brandnewneek it's like a crab cake. There are so many variations - Tuna Patties.
    OMG that looks to die for, I usually make salmon patties, but I am going to have to try this. YUM!
  • brandnewneek
    Options
    Make your tuna salad with plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo. Mayo = really bad for you. Greek yogurt = really great for you. Granted, I'm not a hug mayo fan so the substitution is fine with me.

Someone mentioned cottage cheese, though, and I love that idea!

I didn't think of that, I'm not a huge fan of greek yogurt though, but I'm sure the tuna would overpower it anyways, I do like it with guac though.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Tuna, fat free Greek yogurt (instead of mayo), chopped; onion, celery, tomato, salt, pepper and onion powder, teaspoon of vinegar.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Got some great recipes from here I'm gonna have to try!!! I just buy the starkist tuna packets and put it on Sara Lee multigrain bread... Combined it's 170 calorie snack that is pretty filling. When you add a small bag of chips or protein bar you've got lunch!
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I tried this tonight and I think it's going to be a new go to for me, might have to be adjusted for cals but that's easy.
    1 can tuna
    1 sm/med avocado (might have to adjust this down for cals next time)
    Several cherry tomatoes cut up
    3/4 cucumber cut into little cubes
    Little mustard, garlic powder, s&p
    Mix it all up! I ended up mashing half the avocado for creaminess in place of mayo and cutting the other half into little cubes and trying to leave this pieces whole.
    So many yummy textures and soooooo filling cause all the cucumber and tomatoes. Would be so good with some crackers or something but I didn't have many cals left cause I added the other half of the avo lol
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Soy tuna steak
    Baked potato with Tinned tuna, cottage cheese with onion & chives filling
    Homemade fresh tuna burgers
    Avocado and tuna salad
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I love tuna salad, I make homemade mayo and add s&p, onion, celery, and sometimes chopped up sweet pickles. Eat it by itself, or I like to serve it in 1/2 avocado.

As for Tuna Steak, I like to coat with sesame oil, sear all sides and serve rare with sesame seeds sprinkled on top.

• shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just found an awesome recipe on pinterest for tuna salad zucchini boats. I made them for dinner the other night. It was soooo yummy! Also, there's no mayo in it! Although, I did add some cubed avocado to mine just because I love them so much haha
    https://nichelleleychefjd.wordpress.com/2014/12/15/tuna-melt-zucchini-boats/
  • brandnewneek
    Options
    I just found an awesome recipe on pinterest for tuna salad zucchini boats. I made them for dinner the other night. It was soooo yummy! Also, there's no mayo in it! Although, I did add some cubed avocado to mine just because I love them so much haha
    Those looks delicious!! I am def trying those. I wonder what the calories are though..
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Those looks delicious!! I am def trying those. I wonder what the calories are though..

Load the ingredients into the recipe builder :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    @brandneweek I loaded it with an assumed 80g zucchini, 1oz of part skim mozz and 1oz of parmesan (all other ingredients as is. Each half is 180calories.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I generally go ahead and use mayo when I'm making tuna salad, but it's the kind that's made with olive oil AND generally I use just barely enough to hold the tuna together so it works out fine for my macros.
  • brandnewneek
    Options
    @brandneweek I loaded it with an assumed 80g zucchini, 1oz of part skim mozz and 1oz of parmesan (all other ingredients as is. Each half is 180calories.

I made them, very simple ingredients - bread crumbs, lemon juice, tuna, egg, and some seasonings!1 The tuna was pretty wet which means I probably didn't drain good enough so I used more bread crumbs than was necessary but the were each 180 calories!! They were delicious and so easy to make, thank you!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    @brandneweek - I don't know why I said 80g. One large zucchini is closer to 250g!

Remember to load up what you do use by weighing each ingredient and using your recipe builder.