Round Two

fochizzy87
fochizzy87 Posts: 51 Member
So about five years ago I used this website to great effect, I lost almost 50lbs and was doing great. Then I changed jobs, my new job had irregular hours and an hour and half commute. Suddenly the routine of going to the gym I had went away. I tried on and off for the next year to get a new routine and I just could not manage it. And I don't lose weight without exercise, I tend to lose control and eat too much. Exercise=more calories, YAY heart rate monitor telling me what food I may have. This worked, and I lost control and gained back the 50lbs plus 10lbs.

About a year ago I changed positions again. I have a really short commute, in fact I ride my bicycle to work every day (and have for 8 months). I have a relatively regular schedule, I think I can do this again. I hoped my bike commute to work would have me lose weight without effort, it didn't work. It isn't a far enough commute, and my calories were out of line. I started counting again 29 days ago, I am down 9lbs. I need to lose 80lbs to be a healthy BMI (I am 5'8"). So here I go again. Maybe this time to better effect.

Replies

• sanjw1966
    sanjw1966 Posts: 17 Member
    I can totally sympathise. About 3 years ago I got within about 7lbs of my goal weight and then moved, renting for 6 months while my new house was completely renovated. To cut a long story short I got out of the habit of logging food and exercising so I am now at my heaviest ever and need to lose 50lbs.

I have started walking to work (weather permitting) but even though I know what I need to do am struggling to stick to my calorie limit every day. Reading your post has reminded me that if I want to lose the weight I have got to start counting properly and upping my exercise again. Thank you for giving me the nudge I need to start my round two and congratulations on your 9lb loss so far.