Fitbit hr vs polar. Help!

Options
I've always used my polar ft4. And just got the polar loop and I'm not a big fan of it. I can't stand having my heart rate cut out constantly. My friend had the Fitbit and loves it. Has anyone wore a polar and Fitbit at the same time to see if it's pretty accurate? I love how polar tracks calories and is accurate. I would love to have the Fitbit and no more chicest strap!

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I also had the Loop and was highly disappointed. Prior to that I had an Polar F11 that I loved. I went with the Garmin but IMO anything has got to better than the Loop. I bought my BF the FitbitHR and he really likes it. I did try and wear my Loop with my F11 but like you said it's so inconsistent I could never compare.
  • rsoronen
    rsoronen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to hear more discussion about this! I really like the look and function of the Polar FT4 since I really just want to track my heart rate, but it seems they have somewhat discontinued that model. I may still buy one, because it seems like there is nothing better out there for a decent price...
  • amy_j28
    amy_j28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I returned my Fitbit charge HR - the wrist based HR just didn't cut it for me. I was super excited about it at the beginning... it also cut in and out on me all the time. I work part time as a cashier on some nights and found that my Fitbit was counting every single minimal movement as a step. It was adjusting my calories by the thousands. Completely inaccurate. I was told after the fact that there is a law suit out there against the Charge HR because it is so off on accuracy. I had a Garmin Vivofit2 prior, and loved it! The only drawback was the Garmin didn't always count steps if you had something in your arms (you weren't moving them around a bunch). I recently just purchased a Polar M400 and I'm hooked! Yes it still has the chest strap, but I've decided that's totally fine.
  • ScoobaChick
    ScoobaChick Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar Loop. I pair it with my Polar H7 monitor when I do steady state cardio. I still use an old Timex HRM for my intervals though because I am more used to it.

I have set MFP not to adjust for my Polar calories. I do like the Polar Flow app on my phone to motivate me to take 10k steps per day. All around for what I do I love my Polar.
  • amberleigh000
    amberleigh000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit hr!