Trying to lose weight... Again

Options
I have been trying to lose a significant amount of weight since middle school. I would never be able to lose more than 10-20 pounds though, which gets very discouraging. Now I'm in college and things are even harder. I feel like there is no time for exercise, and when I see free food around campus I go in for it. I have been a vegetarian most of my life and I switch on/off with being a vegan. I love working out when I do, I just can't motivate myself to do it everyday like I should. I'm athletic, but I'm lazy. This is my vow to try and change my ways again! I'm open for any comments, advice, criticism, etc. I want to be better!

Replies

• Mecklar75
    Mecklar75 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I know what your going through. I have a stubborn 15 lbs I am trying to lose right now.
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I've been struggling for years and was finally in a place where I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. Then I gained 10 pounds in a few months somehow. Back at it! Again! Good luck, I guess it's one day at a time!
  • rschurawel
    rschurawel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One day at a time ! I have struggled my whole life .. 20 -30 on gain .. 20 lb loss ..15 lb gain. It's been a yo yo but I've learned to not be on hard yourself if you eat a grilled cheese after a salad filled day .. Just recognize your accomplishments and get to your happy place one good choice at a time
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've lost 34 pounds and have another 25 or 30 to go. I've changed my eating habits to eating whole foods and avoiding processed foods as much as I can. I'm always looking to add a new recipe that fits with my change to whole foods. I included 1+ hours at the gym 5-7 days a week (2 days of strength training / aerobic for the other days). You can add me as a friend if you are interested in providing mutual support. Good luck with your goals.

Kevin
  • mrmike460
    mrmike460 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No criticisms needed! How about trying to change one habit at a time? First change could be just tracking your food. Exercise just make a goal you can do maybe walk just 5 minutes. You have your whole life ahead of you. Focus on the positive and make small changes you think you could do.
  • RuthAltheim
    RuthAltheim Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose 10% or more of your current body weight is very difficult so I suggest smaller goals, let your body get happy with the new, lighter weight and then set a new goal cutting back on calories to get to the second goal - do it in 'achievable' stages and you'll get there! I am an older person taking University classes. I love the buffet-style cafeteria. I used to eat a whole day's worth of calories in one meal. I now know what I can eat using the app and so before I enter the eating area, I know exactly what and how much of a portion I will eat. Planning before eating has helped me keep my appetite from screaming "I want more!" Be realistic and you can do it. Small goals will show you how much you're in control. This has been the key to my success along with weighing myself less frequently so I don't get discouraged and not giving myself permission to go over my daily calorie level. Exercise doesn't make your body metabolize that much more calorically. It IS the food that makes the difference and your choices! You can do this! Need I write ....again. Hey, it's a lifelong challenge - everyday is day one!
  • kaylee0218
    kaylee0218 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I'm also a college student, and I have all access to the cafeteria (which is a buffet). I just go in there for lunch, dinner, and breakfast if I have time. I just choose to eat whatever the main meal is that they're having and maybe a bowl of cereal with it and a banana. I just eat less portions of food and no sugary snacks. And this has been hard bc I got a lot during Valentine's Day and my b day. So I started after those days when I was done eating all the candy haha. But I feel much better! I just tell myself when I'm satisfied and that I don't need fattening snacks.