Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone have an UP3 activity tracker?

I bought one over the weekend. My best friend has one also but I'm still trying to learn to use it. So far I'm liking it. Thoughts? Comments?

Replies

• ThereseBowen
    ThereseBowen Posts: 7 Member
    I have a 2 and it's really helping me! Let me know if you would like to do some challenges! Have a good day!
  • stellabest99
    stellabest99 Posts: 44 Member
    Hi Therese, I'd love to add you as a teammate on Up and MFP. Feel free to friend me :-)

Quick question for you: Does the UP2 have food issues like the app for UP3 does? It doesn't seem to know what to do with some of the food I log in MFP so it ignores it, throwing my averages out. Its very frustrating. I have decided that until it gets its act to together I will ignore the food tracker on my UP and continue with MFP for all things food.
  • stellabest99
    Hi There's. What's your UP username? I'd love to add u as a team mate
  • ladyjulius1
    ladyjulius1 Posts: 1 Member
    If anyone would like to add me Kayla Leonard
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi Therese, I'd love to add you as a teammate on Up and MFP. Feel free to friend me :-)

Quick question for you: Does the UP2 have food issues like the app for UP3 does? It doesn't seem to know what to do with some of the food I log in MFP so it ignores it, throwing my averages out. Its very frustrating. I have decided that until it gets its act to together I will ignore the food tracker on my UP and continue with MFP for all things food.

My UP3 does that and my UP24 did that too, I think it's a syncing problem but I'm not sure if it's because of Jawbone or MFP. I usually just it ignore it as well though and just pay attention to the calories I've taken in and how many I have left.

I love my UP3 though, it's the best purchase I ever made :).
  • oeagleo
    oeagleo Posts: 70 Member
    I noticed that too, for some reason, the UP app thinks that the packaged Apple Slices (70 calories, with the lo-fat carmel) is a 2.7 on the healthy scale. Sorry, you can't convince me of that. But, I'm sure that if they (UP) are aware of that, then they'll address it in an update. I just got the UP3, replacing my Fitbit Charge HR, as it has a terrible battery life. (day and a half/2 days..)
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Got an UP3 a couple weeks ago. I really like it for the sleep tracking.

Steps not so much. I do walk at lunch and jog after work most days. It gives me an insane amount of calories for my steps though, like 3k+ every day. If only! I would be wasting away if that was true!

And agree with the food, it would give me a really high food score because I had coffee, brewed from grounds for breakfast which is like 5 calories. I don't know what it thought was so awesome about my coffee, but it really liked it, even though from my point of view, no nutrition.
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    I like my up 24 most days.
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    I love my UP 2. It works great with fitness pal and does everything I want except tell time. I may upgrade to a different model some time down the road but I am happy with it now! Please feel free to add me on UP. Jane Bussey
  • GrannyCrayCray
    GrannyCrayCray Posts: 71 Member
    Had an UP24 for about a year - it really helped me notice how inactive I was. And, while I knew that I did not get enough sleep, the UP app/ tracker was an eye-opener (pun intended.) I set the smart alarm to remind me about bedtime, and I set the Idle alert for 45 minute intervals during the day. The difference has been VERY noticeable.

I had started MFP to watch my calories a few months before the tracker. Never understood the UP food/calorie stats; so, MFP is my preference regarding calories/macros/etc. The combination of accountability between MFP for food & UP for activity/sleep have provided me with a solid base for becoming healthier. I had to do the work - but the data supported the progress and results.

Now I have the UP2. I don't NEED it; nevertheless, I like having the information and the REMINDERS - get UP from my desk... get UPstairs and go to bed... ;)
  • stellabest99
    bjaneb wrote: »
    I love my UP 2. It works great with fitness pal and does everything I want except tell time. I may upgrade to a different model some time down the road but I am happy with it now! Please feel free to add me on UP. Jane Bussey

Hi Jane,

I think I just successfully sent you an UP invite... let me know if it doesn't come through :-)
  • stellabest99
    edited March 2016
    Kayla, I think I just managed to send you an invite on UP as well... and if anyone wants to add me as a teammate on UP, I'm happy to make new friends :-)
  • Hmonie
    Hmonie Posts: 13 Member
    I've been using my UP for about 1.5 months and loving it! So far I only use it for steps, sleep and to log workouts. I've been thinking about using it with MFP soon to start tracking meals. Looking for new friends too, Harmonie Foster