Best Protein Shake to buy

Options
What's your favorite protein shake? I'm looking for one that's delicious, nutritious,filling, and something I can find in stores locally. I was drinking a whey protein shake after workouts, I feel like whey is a bit heavy on my stomach. Thanks!

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    The cheapest one so I realise I havent wasted so much money as if I had bought an expensive one which did nothing extra....
  • ndfan620
    ndfan620 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really like Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions - Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix Vanilla. Link below to Amazon. They have chocolate too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00R64SWQC?keywords=Nature's Bounty Optimal Solutions - Complete Protein & Vitamin Shake Mix Choclate&qid=1457535764&ref_=sr_1_fkmr0_2_a_it&sr=8-2-fkmr0
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have tried so many protein shakes and can't stomach any of them. I make my own shake with fruit, spinach, chia seeds, almond milk and Greek Yogurt.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I would suggest trying samples and find the one with a flavor you like. As long as the protein to calorie ratio is decent (usually 100-120 calories for 20-25g of protein), they're going to be pretty good. Personally, I like trutein because of how thick it is and how well it mixes with just water.
  • CrossfitOCRunner
    CrossfitOCRunner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    UMP by Beverly International. A lot of shakes will work. Several taste great for sure. UMP is my favorite.
  • Buildingit3157
    Buildingit3157 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have tried so many protein shakes and can't stomach any of them. I make my own shake with fruit, spinach, chia seeds, almond milk and Greek Yogurt.

That's what I've been doing for years myself. Was wondering about a yummy brand/flavor. I'm so busy.It would be nice a few times a week to just whip that up instead of eating.
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    Thank you guys! Going to try some :)
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I really like the Vega One line. I'm not vegan, but I'm comfortable with their very clean list of ingredients & the pea protein. I actually dig the strong veggie taste that comes thru, but maybe I'm weird...
    My favorite version right now is to combine the mocha flavor with 4-5 ice cubes, a cup of cold coffee, a frozen banana in chunks, about a quarter cup of frozen pumpkin purée, a quarter cup of Greek yogurt, a tbs of nut butter and an extra tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder. It's delicious!!
  • Lindzlashes
    Lindzlashes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Vegan ones are fab! Find there higher in protein too. Ive tried a few one from this company. Mix of Pea and Hemp protein but without cheap sucralose!

Love their whey protein also. Low cal and high protein

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Protein-Prncess-Why-Isolate-Blend/dp/B01BKYPG6M
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i also use vega ones products and am not vegan
  • Buildingit3157
    Options
    Great ideas, thanks you all :)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Pure protein. Costs less than $1 a serving. Some can cost $5 a serving.
    Available at walmart, target, etc. If you don't like it, they give you your money back.
  • notmyrobot
    notmyrobot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    I really like the Vega One line. I'm not vegan, but I'm comfortable with their very clean list of ingredients & the pea protein. I actually dig the strong veggie taste that comes thru, but maybe I'm weird...
    My favorite version right now is to combine the mocha flavor with 4-5 ice cubes, a cup of cold coffee, a frozen banana in chunks, about a quarter cup of frozen pumpkin purée, a quarter cup of Greek yogurt, a tbs of nut butter and an extra tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder. It's delicious!!

I bought the vega one protein & greens and don't like it at all! I enjoyed the sample at Costco but when I got it home it wasn't as tasty. I even tried mixing it the same as they did there. It makes me sad haha.