Help! I forgot to pack lunch!

Options
Hi!
I need some ideas for days when I forget to pack my lunch (or leave it on the kitchen counter). My life is pretty busy, so the only time I have to eat (lunch, anyway ) is in the car on my way to work from school. So where can I go, or what can I get to help me?
Thanks!

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    If I have to eat out and it has to be quick, I get a spinach feta wrap from Starbucks. They're pretty filling at just under 300cals
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    A little more infor on what you typically have for lunch and your calorie and macro goals would be helpful.

A few ideas:
    - Egg McMuffin
    - Yogurt parfait
    - Beef jerky and string cheese
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,547 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'll just pick up salad and add grilled chicken on it. I like ranch and that's where most of the calories will come from, so a lighter choice of dressing may be better for others.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You can eat anywhere as long as it fits your calories/macros. Yesterday I forgot to grab my prepped lunch, so I had a McChicken sandwich (no mayo) for 310 calories. Fast food is convenient and as long as you can fit it, who cares.

I also do Panera pretty often. I preorder online, so I can just run in and grab it off the shelf. It's faster than waiting in line and for them to make everything.

Most grocery stores have a pre-made deli section with sandwiches, salads, and wraps to go.
  • Jindeed
    Jindeed Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I find that in these situations, it's best to have a back up plan. For the future, you could try to make sure you have an arsenal of shelf-stable food on you at all times (such as protein bars, fruit, nuts, jerky, etc.) because as humans, we do have the tendency to occasionally forget things. If you have absolutely nothing and don't have time to walk into a store to buy something, the drive-thru options mentioned above would be your best bet. Also, the fresco-style stuff from Taco Bell. Just sayin'.
  • hopeandtheabsurd
    hopeandtheabsurd Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you carry a large enough purse/book bag you could leave a tuna pouch/protein bar/peanut butter crackers in there.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    What's around you that you can go to for lunch?
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Mostly I just wait to eat until I get home. Like Paiger816 suggested, though, Panera has some reasonably good options, or you can keep some protein bars in your desk.