Happiness

Options
Hi everyone!
My name is Lindsay. Throughout my life I have been struggling with my weight. I've never been considered "fat" (sorry for the ugly word) by my peers or anyone who knows me. But the thing is, I'm unhappy with myself so unfortunately no one else's opinion has actually made me feel any better about myself. According to my doctor I am overweight, no matter how good I may be at hiding it. I do not like the way certain "rolls" show in certain clothes or how I cry when I put on a bathingsuit. I used to be confident and expressive and vibrant, but within the past two years (when I was in a horrible relationship) I gained nearly 20lbs. This ruined my selfesteem. Now I am in a wonderful relationship, have amazing support behind me, and am unbelievably determined. I don't care what I weigh, I care how I feel and right now I just want to feel happy. So here's to hoping I can reach my goal and find myself again!

Replies

• danacondah
    danacondah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Lindsay... I too have suffered from relationship weight gain. Lucky for us it sounds like we're both in healthy and supportive relationsips now. I've managed to ditch all of my ex-relationship gain, and now im focusing on getting lean followed by mainting. Feel free to add me and we can support each other :smile:
  • egrana1
    egrana1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I too have gained relationship weight and now I'm in a great one. Let me know if you guys wanna share some weight loss/fitness tips. I'm on my way to losing 50 lbs!
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I have lost 92 pounds and all the while intuitively knowing that when i reached my goal (and I'm getting close to it), that it would not bring me happiness. For me the weight was part of a bigger picture, as it is for everyone, i have recently discovered for myself that nothing external can bring me the peace and happiness I had been searching for. I had to take a closer look at the thoughts in my head that were creating my unhappiness in the first place, become present and finally be at peace. This happy at peace state is not with me one hundred percent of the time but it is here a lot of the time and is freeing. Good luck to you in discovering whatever it is that you feel you need in order to be happy.
    I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else from the ways that they seek the "happy place" just your post stirred something in me and I felt compelled in this very moment to share! :)