Healthy breakfast

Options
Melolson14
Melolson14 Posts: 147 Member
I'm trying to figure out what to eat for breakfast that is healthy. Please give me some ideas.,

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (sometimes I add fruit, nuts, or other crunchies)
    Eggs & toast
    Avocado on toast
    Mini frittatas (sometimes called egg muffins)
    Overnight oats
    Oatmeal
    Bagel thins with cream cheese and lox
    Protein shake
    Leftovers from the day before
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Breakfast in a cup: tin muffin liner, pat raw turkey sausage along the bottom, wrap turkey bacon around the side, crack an egg in the middle and cook 350 F for 25 min

Ezekial French toast: cinnamon raisin ezekial bread dipped in egg whites, unsweetened almond milk, vanilla and splenda.

Protein pancakes: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup oats (grind into flour consistency), 1/3 cup cottage cheese, liquid egg whites to consistency, mix together and make pancakes. (sometimes I put blueberries, nuts, or dark chocolate chips in them)

Egg holes: Whole wheat toast, cut a hole in the middle with a cup, crack an egg, cook until set, flip, add salt and pepper.

omelets, protein shakes with fruit and nutbutters, quinoa and berries, oatmeal and berries

There are more, but those are my main ones right now

• joeneely71
    joeneely71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like fiber (oatmeal, blueberries, prunes, Thomas High-Fiber English Muffins, avocado, spinach) and protein (egg, veggie sausage, tofu, bacon). I often throw together a breakfast sandwich using the English muffin, an egg cooked in the microwave with 1/2 cup spinach, and either a veggie sausage patty or 1 ounce of avocado. It keeps me full, comes in right around 250 calories and has about 12 grams of dietary fiber. The negative is that it is high in sodium but I try to make up for that later in the day.
  • merciero
    merciero Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, scoop of pb2, banana, blueberries and then I'll eat a boiled egg on the side. Pretty filling! I think I'll start adding some protein powder to my smoothie to make it more filling.
  • CLK63
    CLK63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is always 4-5 oz fat free yogurt, 6 oz fresh fruit, 1 oz of fiber one original cereal and a coffee. ;)
  • clhoward6
    clhoward6 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm going to make my own baked scotch eggs tonight. Because I need a healthy protein hit that I can grab and go with in the mornings to keep me going until lunch I thought I'd give it a go. I'll let you know how they turn out tomorrow.

ETA: I don't know whether to add lentils to my sausage meat to limit the fat content. Although I have lean sausages.
  • olenka731
    olenka731 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Since I'm currently testing for food reactivity causing inflammation flare-ups (per book THE PLAN), I'm enjoying my warm version of the Plan's granola: 2T whole flax seeds, 1.5 T Chia seeds, 2 dried apricots (or 1/4 cup dried cranberries), 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla, 1/3-1/2c water. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Stir & Add 1/3-1/2 cup Coconut Milk and 1/2 cup blueberries. Delicious!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I keep eggs, fruit and yogurts in my fridge at all times.
    Dry cereals, peanut butter, Red River, steel cut oatmeal and flake oatmeal are staples in my cupboard.
    I keep frozen fruit and dark rye bread in my freezer.

I make up a big batch of steel cut oats once a week and store it in mason jars. My habitual breakfast these days is cooked cereal and blueberries warmed up in the microwave, then swirled with yogurt. I change it up with nuts or toast
  • wobchunk
    wobchunk Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lazy oats made with almond, coconut or skimmed milk, with fresh fruits and nuts.
  • mimismommy11
    mimismommy11 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like to have a piece of sourdough or wheat toast topped with sauteed spinach and an over easy egg. Also good with avocado instead of the spinach!
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make a roasted vegetable and egg casserole and top it with chicken verde and salsa.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My breakfast options usually include:

Breakfast sandwich made with high fiber english muffin, 3tb egg whites, slice of cheese (~14-21g), and either a slice of deli ham or a turkey sausage patty

Smoothie with 100g frozen berries, ~50g banana, 1C almond milk, and 7g ground flax, and then if I'm feeling saucy ~14g of almond butter or a scoop of vegan protein powder (I just like it better, obvs not vegan, see my first BF option)

Slice of either Dave's Killer Bread or Trader Joe's California Sprouted bread toasted with 21g of crunchy PB and ~3g local honey

In the summer, I love avocado, bacon, and tomato slices, sometimes with a poached or over easy egg, all over some kind of toast.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My breakfast pretty much every day:
    English muffin, 1/3 cup egg whites, 1 tsp margarine, slice of cheese (often no fat) then Greek yogurt, 100-200 g fresh fruit and coffee or tea.