Breakfast ideas?

Options
czabs
czabs Posts: 8 Member
I am finding it hard to think of healthy low calorie breakfasts... Please help!!! :-)

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Apple? Piece of string cheese? A small tub of Greek yogurt is my go-to.
  • czabs
    Options
    Queenliz99
    Overnight oatmeal sounds great! Ill definitely have to try that!
    Thank you!

Jruzer, I have all 3 of those! Perfect
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Bacon & Eggs. Not grains. Low carb.
  • georgianna474747
    georgianna474747 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat 120 calories of low fat greek yogurt with 150 calories of granola on top and then add fruit like a mandarine orange or a banana on top! Or I scramble 2-3 eggs with a glass of water and it keeps me full. Also, grits and oatmeal keep me very full.
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Honestly my go to breakfast is a cup of cottage cheese with 2 diced boiled eggs on top. sprinkle some pepper on it and it's delish.
  • ndfan620
    ndfan620 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Following this post.
  • kacowgill99
    kacowgill99 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters. I like the Cheddar Bacon Mug Scrambler!

Spray inside of coffee mug with non-stick spray

4 oz Egg Beaters
    1 tbsp bacon bits
    1/3 cup shredded cheddar
    salt/pepper to taste

Combine egg beaters & bacon bits in mug and microwave for 60 sec, stir, microwave for 30 sec. Top with shredded cheese and enjoy!
  • kimberlee_45
    kimberlee_45 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Over easy fried eggs and one piece of rye toast is my energy for the day!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "low calorie?" How many calories do you want to eat for breakfast?

One of my favorite breakfasts is either an Egg McMuffin from McDonald's (300 calories) or if I get the Dunkin Donuts version (same stuff) it says the calories are about 280 calories. It tastes good and has 17g of protein. Sticks to my ribs!

When I make my own breakfast (yogurt, fruit, Special K) it often ends up being higher calories and doesn't keep me as full as long.
  • shanesemathis
    shanesemathis Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I will usually do one whole egg, 2-3 egg whites, a serving of oatmeal, 2 pieces of turkey bacon. That's approx 310 calories, depending on what you prefer to put in your oatmeal and what you use to cook your eggs. No sugar added vanilla almond milk is what I try to use.

I'll also do just 2 servings of oatmeal (I go for instant, 1g sugar oatmeal) mixed with my favorite healthy fruits & almond milk. This is sure to be low cal and yummy.

Having a protein smoothie with fruits and a veggie mixed in also tends to be a low calorie option. It all just depends on what you like.

Trying to "eat clean" for breakfast, like with these options, tends to make for a low calorie/HEALTHY breakfast.
  • amclain93
    amclain93 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on breakfast as a whole, but I like a nice peanut butter sandwich in the morning, maybe with some banana or honey if money's good!
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is cottage cheese and jam on toast...two slices low calorie bread toasted then topped with 1/3 cup low fat or ff cottage cheese mixed with 1 tablespoon jam (I usually use low sugar or low calorie of some kind). I kinda forgot about this one actually. I'm going to add these things to my own shopping list :smiley:
  • karmelpopcorn
    karmelpopcorn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The basis of my breakfast every morning is Ezekiel bread. I vary what I put on it, sometimes hummus and tomato, sometimes a thin layer of mayo, turkey and tomato, sometimes peanut butter and honey, sometimes an egg.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    oatmeal is filling & low cal. Win win!!
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Omelette with 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 28g Turkey sausage crumbles, 28g 2% shredded cheddar, tsp hot sauce. Plenty of protein while calories still around 220 - 250 depending on size of eggs and type of cheese used. Very yummy.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Whole grain 100 calorie English muffin toasted topped with 1 skinny cow cheese wedge 1-3 slices Hormel turkey lunch meat...or a 90 calorie granola bar with 1 tbs peanut butter...or oatmeal. Muffin in a mug by Trim Healthy Mama is also very good and filling.
  • czabs
    Options
    Wow! I have to go grocery shopping now!!! LOL So many great ideas!! Thank you all!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    2 eggs, turkey sausage or bacon or ham, 1 slice of toast. Or I'll do cereal with the sausage or bacon or ham. Pretty Low in calories and keeps me till lunch.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just made a chicken breast and Spinach quiche today in a pie pan. 7 to 8 brown large eggs. Roughly 250 calories? per slice, depends how big your slices are. Adding cheese will increase calories