Lower stomach fat

Options
Any tips on how to lose this? I do an ab workout every night, and run at the gym if I have time to go (along with working out). I also have started eating less portions of food and less fattening and sugary snacks. I try to eat a lot of protein. (Chicken, meat)

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing and give it time. If that's you in the pic then you don't have much to lose. Just be consitent with your diet and exercise.
  • kaylee0218
    kaylee0218 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okay! Thank you so much!!
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've read some threads on mfp and you need to eat right and lower your Bodyfat %. Some women show abs at different levels tho. Do u know your Bodyfat %?
  • kaylee0218
    Options
    I have no clue!
  • DeanneScott2
    DeanneScott2 Posts: 28 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack DVD (not expecting a 6 pack though :smile: ) She mention that you can't lose belly fat with crunches alone. I think more core strengthening should help.
  • kaylee0218
    Options
    I do a video I think her name is Jessica S, her YouTube name might be Miamiyeyo or something like that. She has a 12 minute video with exercises that include Russian twists, bicycles, crunches, scissors, leg lefts, and V ups. Hopefully it will pay off im sure it will eventually!
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Reduced calories and time.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen. They can be strong, but as long as there's a layer of fat over the top, you'll never see it. CICO & watch sugar/processed food.
  • kaylee0218
    Options
    Thank you all!!
  • cody94
    cody94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Very clean eating, sit-ups or any other ab workouts are not needed if you diet is clean and body fat is low.
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    cody94 wrote: »
    Very clean eating, sit-ups or any other ab workouts are not needed if you diet is clean and body fat is low.

I make sure my food is clean, I wouldn't want to eat a dirty slice of pizza.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    cody94 wrote: »

clean eating is relative and is not necessary

OP: you need to lower your body fat and make sure there is something to show under the fat. so that would be diet (and cardio if you want) and core work. more than just crunches.