Living my life and I don't care!

Options
So, this weekend my friends and I will be hitting up Las Vegas! I'm seven pounds away from my goal, and I don't consider the fact that I'm going to enjoy myself (read: alcohol) as a bad thing. I have dropped almost 40 pounds in the last 10 months and one weekend isn't going to reverse that. So this week I'm getting in good workouts, then next week I'm going right back to it. Thank you everyone for all the support and I hope you all can see to that a little fun every now and then is needed as long as you don't lose sight of the ultimate goal!

Cheers,
Jared

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Hey, once in a while, Ill enjoy a good chinese buffet pigout or a birthday indulge on cake/food..sometimes you just need a day off! Usually when i get my fix once in a while, usually takes me 3-4 days to work off but its worth it! :bigsmile:
  • Deran18
    Deran18 Posts: 8
    Options
    I would also consider the fact that their is alot of walking on the Vegas Strip. I use www.mapmyrun.com to calculate distances when I am doing alot of walking throughout the day. Also, I've seen folks walk up and do a morning run on the strip. Sounds interesting but might be a little difficult after a hangover...lol. I say have fun and enjoy yourself. You owe it to yourself.
  • meryllb
    meryllb Posts: 28
    Options
    i did the same thing for my anniversary weekend, and after eating healthy for months i could not even finish anything i ordered in vegas! plus you do burn a lot walking the strip and dancing in clubs. i actually ended up losing a pound that weekend, even though i had gillys bbq, kahunas, grand lux cafe AND drank alcohol every night.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just went too and I came back only up a pound after drinking Margarita's for 4 days straight. Just allow yourself the alcohol and watch the food. Also, if you bring any booze with you (a great money saver), grab the "Skinnygirl Margarita" you can buy a cup and drink it and it's quite good! But stock up, that first bottle went fast ;-)
  • allystone
    allystone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    In vegas I just walked everywhere..we stayed at the riviera one time and ohmygodness, that's a walk..but when we stayed at harrahs it was much easier..haha I agree just walk everywhere and especially in the heat there you'll pry just sweat it all out.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with kicking it out sometimes. Just do it and enjoy.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    good for the mind I say!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Just remember, no bodyshots off of retired longshoremen, the belly hair will choke you. And don't try to steal Iron Mike's tiger...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Just remember, no bodyshots off of retired longshoremen, the belly hair will choke you. And don't try to steal Iron Mike's tiger...

LOL!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If I gave up all the indulgences for good for the rest of my life, I would go crazy!

I don't even consider them "cheats" anymore. I am not cheating myself, I am enjoying life. In the whole scheme of things, 1 vacation out of your 100 years of life is deserved, to say the least.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    whats the point if you can never let your hair down and enjoy yourself.

have a great time xx
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    thanks for the tip TDG