OMG stretch marks

Options
KayTeeOne
KayTeeOne Posts: 122 Member
I'm so upset . Yesterday I got a some stretch marks on my left upper abdomen . Really don't know why because I have lost weight this week also . I'm so worried . I haven't exercised last week because I wasn't feeling well and had an injury but still I ate under my calorie goal and did lose weight this week aswell . Then why stretch marks ? I feel so disturbed . What should I do

Replies

• mellyboobear
    mellyboobear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Let your body handle itself. A stretch mark isn't going to kill you. All of us have them- some are just temporary.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    welcome to being a woman
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks can appear during weight loss because...wait for it...they were already there but they weren't noticeable because your skin was already stretched to accommodate the extra size. Now that the skin is not pulled taunt, they start to appear. Once you have them, they're there for good unless you get surgery and then you have other scars to deal with. The best you can do right now is use a lot of really good moisturizing cream, drink a lot of water to keep your skin hydrated and eat good amounts of proteins to help with cell recovery.
  • KayTeeOne
    KayTeeOne Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thnx everyone
  • kaylee0218
    kaylee0218 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have some on like the side of my butt. I've never lost weight so I think maybe it's from me doing workouts? I don't know, but just find someone who loves you for you. When I brought mine up to my bf he was supportive and positive. Find someone who motivates you and makes you feel good. There's things about my body I don't like (spider veins, etc.) but then I think about how i can always have it worse. It'll be ok!
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've had good luck with Mederma Stretch Mark cream. I apply twice a day. It only really works on new stretch marks. Once they've gone from red to white, there's no getting rid of them. Mine are still there, but they've faded a ton. Worth a shot.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I had good luck with Revitagen. Like she ^ said, it works better on fresh (red) stretch marks.