Discouraged !

Options
I have only been actively dieting for like 3 weeks, I have lost 7 lb but I can't stop feeling like i should be losing more. I get so easily discouraged! I feel like i concentrate on my weight on my weight so much it's an addiction. I think about losing weigh all the time, like all day! I even got compliments on Sunday that i was looking thinner. I cant even relish in those moments all i think about is I'm not skinny enough. Please help me is this an obsessive issue or do other people feel this way?
Sorry for venting.

Replies

• MommaMind
    MommaMind Posts: 28
    Options
    I feel the same way, but I've sadly only been able to lose 2lbs :( I really don't know what else to do. I've started Yoga everyday and eating more (was always eating to little apparently) but it's just not coming off. I'm constantly watching the scale, sometime 2 or more times a day, and measuring my waist. :( It's a very depressing addiction. I hope you can get your enthusiasm and spirits lifted soon!
  • melanienj
    melanienj Posts: 31
    Options
    I completely understand. The first step is to admit that you are human and frustrated. Get it off your chest.

Now take it one day at a time. I am learning that. I just need to focus on today and get through today and then think the same thing tomorrow.

You can do it, you have it in you otherwise you would not be on this forum.

Stay encouraged!! You can do it!!
  • OElleBelleO
    OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! It sounds as if you are doing amazing! However, if you get easily discouraged than maybe setting smaller weight loss goals would help. And don't forget to reward yourself for losing the weight. That doesn't mean eating an entire cake but give yourself small rewards for small goals. And of course larger ones for the final one.
    Congrats on losing 7 and good luck!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Youre losing just over 2 lbs per week so you are doing amazing!!

The thing I had to realize (even though I had more to lose) was it didnt take me 3 weeks to put it on thats not how quickly it will come off. You also have to take a depp breath and try not to obsess (easier said then done) but honestly focusing on food and excercise can make the problem worse! For only having 22 lbs to lose you are off to a better start then some who have double that to lose!
  • MicahandMegan
    Options

The thing I had to realize (even though I had more to lose) was it didnt take me 3 weeks to put it on thats not how quickly it will come off. You also have to take a depp breath and try not to obsess (easier said then done) but honestly focusing on food and excercise can make the problem worse! For only having 22 lbs to lose you are off to a better start then some who have double that to lose!

Thank u!! I know your right. i should be happier i don't have more to lose. I just feel like a failure for not being where i want to be already
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

Thank u!! I know your right. i should be happier i don't have more to lose. I just feel like a failure for not being where i want to be already

Weight loss truly is a mental and physical battle. And even the most grounded women have image issues whether theyll admit it or not. Thats why we are all here though, to help encourage you on the days you just arent feeling like its good enough :) Are you also measuring or taking picures to help you see the loss on yourself?
  • prousis
    prousis Posts: 14
    Options
    This is precisely why I don't keep a scale in my house. Base the progress you are making on how your clothes fit and how you feel!
  • MicahandMegan
    Options

Weight loss truly is a mental and physical battle. And even the most grounded women have image issues whether theyll admit it or not. Thats why we are all here though, to help encourage you on the days you just arent feeling like its good enough :) Are you also measuring or taking picures to help you see the loss on yourself?
    Yes i have pics and measurements but took them after i lost about 5lb, so not much change yet.
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    You are not alone. Just lastnight I had a dream of counting my turkey slices. Weird I know. Also, just a while ago I flet that I had been working hard toward nothing at all. I lost and then gained, felt as though I had to start all over again. You aren't alone, just keep the faith and know that the power to change your body is up to you. Don't let the journey discourage you, but be encouraged by the journey and by others who are travelling along the way. Hang in there! Don't give up!
  • msdivabex
    msdivabex Posts: 4
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing great! My nutritionist once said to me, "You didn't gain all this weight in one week, don't expect all to come off in one week either." It takes time and think of it more as a life style change. When you start exercising and building muscle, remember muscle weighs more than fat. Don't give up, but do give yourself time. You are doing great. Keep it up!
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! The the rate you're losing at is perfect! If you lose too fast, it will come back just as fast. It's best to take it easy.:flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: