NSV/Vindication

Options
Thriceshy
Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
So I went to my PA-C yesterday for what I believed was a probable UTI (she said it wasn't, she was wrong, and now I'm miserable and finally on abx, but that's a different story). I asked her to do a bmp because it's been almost three months. She actually told me that I haven't lost the weight I say I have because "There's no way you could lose that much weight in three months." Nice, huh? She said that, if I was lucky, my A1c might be down from 6.9 to 6.5. I said, "Oh, I'm expecting better than that."

5.7 My A1c has gone from 6.9 to 5.7 in less than three months. My son said, "So now you can have what you want?"

No, sweetie. Now I know I'm doing something right and I need to keep doing it.

:-)

Kris

Replies

• kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    GREAT!! Keep it up!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'd say it's time to find a new health care practioner... of course, that's just my take on it. Good for you!!!!
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    That is EXCELLENT! Keep up the good work - that is a great improvement in your A1C. Congratulations.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!! And personally I dont see PAs because they pull crap like that. I see the physician OR the physician :) My PCP respects that choice as does my son's pediatrician
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    There's a ton of abbreviations in there that make me feel retarded. lol. I know lowering A1C levels are a good thing though, so congrats!
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Yes I would say it is time to find another provider but all PA's or NP's are not bad where I work we have some of the best and smartest PA's and NP's. So just search to find 1 that is a better fit to your needs and definitely more supportive!!:smile:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I think I'd be writing a letter to your doctor explaining the attitude you received from the NP/PA.

Oh... and congrats on both the weight loss and the lower #'s!
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The arrogance of some people! I do agree that there are some great PAs and CRNP's, just like there are MD's that arent so great! Glad your labs are getting better! Find a new provider who is a postive person!
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I HATE DOCTORS~!!!!!!

As far as I have come, I also called and "requested" labwork across the board, went for my annual exam and physical, and the only labwork that was done was a pregnancy test... Then the doctor had the nerve to ask me what I was doing and how I lost all the weight, with one eyebrow raised she scoffed at my response of, "Diet, exercise, and a healthier lifestyle"...

I will be starting over the next time I decide to call an M.D. In the meantime, herbal and natural medicine has become my new best friend, I do so much research and am so in tune with my body most of the time, that I think I know whats up!!
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • lazurk
    lazurk Posts: 6
    Options
    I'd like to buy a vowel!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!