WHAT's YOUR QUICK THRILL?

Options
Excluding food and exercise, what is something that gives you that quick, yet rewarding burst of pleasure?

Replies

• c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Most everything I think of has to do with moving my body, even things that aren't considered exercise....:wink:

So I will say watching a really great musical!
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Watching a chick flick (I'm the only female in my household)
  • GTI_Girl
    GTI_Girl Posts: 207
    Options
    driving my car....i love to drive my car! even better, having the road all to my self! VROOM!!! love it! lol
  • along21291
    along21291 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I won the lottery to see my first broadway show! (next to normal)
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Going shopping and being able to buy way smaller clothes. Something I haven't been able to do for years Woo Hoo!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Ummmm,I like "hip thrusts " by myself. *wink,wink*
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Riding my big..loud..Harley Davidson motorcycle. Yessss
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Waking up early
    The coffee immediately after.
    Making customers and coworkers smile while I host at the restaurant
    Making participants groan when I teach Yoga/Pilates at the gym
    Jumping on a trampoline
    Doing a perfect jete leap... and I get to think "I've still got it!"
    Casually showing off my flexibility.
  • flgirlsteph
    flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Ummmm,I like "hip thrusts " by myself. *wink,wink*

Id say the same thing but not alone lol
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    Options
    Hmmm Quick Thrills... other than the obvious one... Longboarding and when this pretty little 3 year old greets me at the door with "I Missed you daddy, did you miss me" and the hugs me tight. :blushing:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,341 Member
    Options
    Definitely* riding my Hog!

Awww, C'mon people!!! I mean my Harley! Sheesh....
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Performing a random act of kindness.

A nice manicure.

A new lipstick.

Flirting.

The way my dogs greet me as if I'd been gone a year when I've only been out of the house for 10 minutes!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Flirting with strangers. [:

I'm a little flirt. Big time.
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    playing with or walking my dog

video games

painting

buying smaller clothes
  • jujubean1992
    jujubean1992 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    oddly enough when guys at work flirt with me (customers... mainly) it makes me feel good about myself. it happened three times today!
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    Seeing a misbehaving child fall on his butt. Gets me every time.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    My nephews (aged 2, 13 weeks and 7 weeks)
    My little cat - she is a sweetie
    My balcony - I planted from seedlings this year and everything is thriving! Shame we've not had the weather to eat al fresco

A good book, snuggling up with the OH to watch a good DVD and fitting into my 'skinny' clothes also cheer me up lots!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Visiting my pet pigeon brings me immense joy :smooched: He is staying at a wonderful (One of the greatest people I have met tbh) friends house until I finish college, or at least finish studying abroad. I love my pigeon so much...I found him when he was a young child, after being attacked by someone (someone had been killing pigeons in the area for a while)...he survived, but was in awful condition and the bird vet told me he would never be able to survive in the wild again...
    so i happily kept him.

I'll always remember how when I tried saving him, he tried dragging his body on the ground and tried flying and plumeted to the cement...he was so helpless and scared. He would wake up frightened, and didn't trust me when he was eating...

BUT then he grew strong and demanding. He would demand to sleep in my bed with me, sit on my head when I cooked, sit in my lap when we watched movies. :heart: We would play games, and go for walks :ohwell:

My pigeon is amazing...I even consider him my son :happy:
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Visiting my pet pigeon brings me immense joy :smooched: He is staying at a wonderful (One of the greatest people I have met tbh) friends house until I finish college, or at least finish studying abroad. I love my pigeon so much...I found him when he was a young child, after being attacked by someone (someone had been killing pigeons in the area for a while)...he survived, but was in awful condition and the bird vet told me he would never be able to survive in the wild again...
    so i happily kept him.

I'll always remember how when I tried saving him, he tried dragging his body on the ground and tried flying and plumeted to the cement...he was so helpless and scared. He would wake up frightened, and didn't trust me when he was eating...

BUT then he grew strong and demanding. He would demand to sleep in my bed with me, sit on my head when I cooked, sit in my lap when we watched movies. :heart: We would play games, and go for walks :ohwell:

My pigeon is amazing...I even consider him my son :happy:

I love this - this is my favourite reply so far.

My quick thrill would be making myself coffee when I'm working towards a deadline (e.g. an essay). It's something about having something so warming and smooth to ease you through the early hours of relentless scribbling...

The dark side: I have had to cut back to 4 coffees a day. I was exceeding 20 cups to get the same 'quick thrill' as I did in the beginning. I try and savour them more now, and hopefully my willpower will last a while longer :)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    When i unexpectantly see my hubby during the work day.
    (we work together me in office him in the shop)
    Love rounding a corner and coming face to face with him :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!