Cauliflower recipes anyone?

Options
pvju
pvju Posts: 115 Member
I love cauliflower - usually I roast it with way too much olive oil and it's beyond delicious - I can eat a whole head in one sitting. Hoping to find something with less fat that is tasty. Thank you!

Replies

• shortyforlife411
    shortyforlife411 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I boil the cauliflower in water for about 7 - 10 minutes until tender. Then put it in a food processor with some minced garlic and either milk (I use almond milk to avoid dairy) or vegetable broth (great flavor, but it changes the color quite a bit). Then I use it as a sauce for rice or pasta, kind of like an Alfredo sauce. You can use the same concept and add more liquid to make a basic cauliflower soup too!
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I made this and it was great! You add on ingredient at a time till you feel ready to add the next. I used olive oil vs seasame oil and low sodium soy sauce.

Cauliflower fried rice:
    - Put cauliflower in processer and set aside
    - 1TB seasame oil in skillet, heat
    o Add 1 tb garlic
    o 8oz beef
    o 1 cup carrots
    o Cauliflower
    o 1 cup peas
    o 2 mix eggs- scramble and ,mix in
    o Sprinkle white pepper
    o 3 tb soy sauce- mix
    - Top with scallions
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I just ate this roasted cauliflower recipe with dinner. My ingredients and serving size (six instead of eight servings) put it at 123 calories per serving. I drained the wine off and used a slotted spoon so there are fewer calories than I estimated, but I'd rather over estimate.
  • jillian909
    jillian909 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My coworker just sent me a recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice . It looks super easy and worth a try!
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I boil the cauliflower in water for about 7 - 10 minutes until tender. Then put it in a food processor with some minced garlic and either milk (I use almond milk to avoid dairy) or vegetable broth (great flavor, but it changes the color quite a bit). Then I use it as a sauce for rice or pasta, kind of like an Alfredo sauce. You can use the same concept and add more liquid to make a basic cauliflower soup too!

My wife made this Alfredo last week. I loved it but she didn't like it. I don't know how to use the food processor so I guess it will be a while before I get it again.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Our organic veggie box has had cauliflower in it for the past four boxes so I'm building up some easy favorite side-dishes.

Last night, I just tossed in a frying pan with some yellow bell pepper and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and sauteed it, with just a dash of salt-free seasoning. (I used Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute). Basalmic and the bell pepper gave it a flowery flavor.

Marinate the cut up cauliflower overnight in 1/2 cup cider vinegar + 1 tablespoon of McCormicks Buffalo Wing Seasoning. Bake in a 375 oven for 25 minutes, until it starts to get soft. Spicy and tangy and fun.

Steam it with onions, garlic, white wine, basil and oregano. I used fresh basil and oregano from our garden, but you could probably use dried just as well.

• clhoward6
    clhoward6 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

My wife made this Alfredo last week. I loved it but she didn't like it. I don't know how to use the food processor so I guess it will be a while before I get it again.

ummm...learn

Being a man is no excuse for not knowing how to use kitchen appliances. :D

• HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I've made cauliflower pizza a few times and it's pretty good. I was also sent this link earlier which looks amazing http://thekindlife.com/recipes/cauliflower-buffalo-wings/
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    pvju wrote: »
    I love cauliflower - usually I roast it with way too much olive oil and it's beyond delicious - I can eat a whole head in one sitting. Hoping to find something with less fat that is tasty. Thank you!

its so tasty that way. I actually add it to casseroles and curries just to add extra veg to my meals..
    its also lovely sprinkled with curry powder and roasted :smile:
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower Supreme Pizza isn't a cauliflower crust recipe, but a casserole with cauliflower. It's awesome.

12540955_10153798525913150_9115805404131661532_n.jpg?oh=35f46db9060c454fddae70b6bf678a4a&oe=5764D906
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Sorry that's so big!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Love steamed cauliflower with nutritional yeast, chili flakes and Maldon salt. Pretty simple but yum
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I just steam it and toss it with hot sauce. It's delicious, easy, and doesn't add very many calories if that's what you're watching out for. I literally have this with meals 4-5 times a week.
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    All of these recipes are amazing - thank you everyone! Cauliflower here I come!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump !
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I second the wings tried it and loved it.
  • Michaelg235
    Michaelg235 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    czmk63e14t7q.jpg

I usually make sushi with cauliflower rice
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I cut it into pieces,
    bake it on high at 400 degrees,
    Use olive oil spray (less calories)
    Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and lots of cumin!

Or you can cut it into pieces, fat free ricotta cheese, one egg white and spices, add marinara sauce and bake it.