Looking for supportive friends on the app

Options
bassplayer2011
bassplayer2011 Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hi there. Been on here on and off for a few years. The community part is new to me and Im very excited to try it out. I feel like i wind up giving up because i have no peer support. Its embarassing for me to have a weight issue so even when I make progress Im too shy to brag because Deep down Im embarrased its a problem to begin with. I would like to find some understanding people who can relate to my dilema so we can take this journey together.

Replies

• plockclan
    plockclan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm kind of like you in that I've been off and on this site for a few years and have not used the community either. I'll do good for a while then loose my motivation. It would be nice to have some support and not do this by myself
  • sarahjane1113
    sarahjane1113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. Me too, been on and off the app for a while now. I need support in eating healthy. I have a Fitbit and try for 10K a day. On my days I work I get the goal. But I work part time as I have bipolar and anxiety issues. I have been trying to go to the gym but have had a rough few weeks with being sick and with depression. I also have had gastric bypass almost 3 years ago. That has helped a lot with the weigh loss but now I need to work harder to get the body tones up and loss the lost 40 I want to get rid of.

• josiedlt20
    josiedlt20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey same here this is my first time back on the app in over a year.. Guess we all need someone to hold us accountable who is on the same boat.. Community is also new to me. I'm 5'9 at 205. I work a high stress job and am a single mom. It's hard for me to find the time to even work out, but I'm hoping to get better eating habits. My goal is go get to 170
  • plockclan
    plockclan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looks like we have found us some accountability partners. I'm about where you are josiedlt20 5'8". 205. High stress job, but my kids are now grown. Look forward to supporting each other
  • bassplayer2011
    Options
    Awesome. Not a single parent, but I am starting out in life, living with a signifigant other so its kinda stressful, especially trying to eat healthy on a college student budget for two and finding time to exercise. Looking to lose 100 but taking small steps to keep from yo yoing.
  • blueskys1987
    blueskys1987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got back on the app a little while ago to see if I could lose weight by watching my calories. So far I have not been able to do that so I'm planning on starting to exercise to see what happens. It's nice to see that there is a support team on this app. I think a big thing with weight loss is ecouragement.
  • Sp00ks13
    Sp00ks13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this app. I gained a lot of weight when I got together with my SO due to falling into bad eating habits and getting on a medication that helped me gain weight. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in January and stress has not helped my eating habits. I'm currently 226 and I'm aiming for 150 as my initial goal weight. I'm looking for someone to help keep us motivated and accountable.
  • skinnyminikendra
    skinnyminikendra Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have also been on here for a while. I just decided to start over with a new name and new goals! I don't have a lot to lose but am willing to help motivate and cheer you on along the way. Feel free to add me if you want :smiley:
  • bassplayer2011
    Options
    Thats a good start though! Thats how I always start. I struggle with jumping right into a healthy routine so I usually take a week or two to adjust to a healtier diet before I start a workout routine. Plus you just feel yicky when you try to adjust your diet so its good to do it that way before you start a comitted exercise routine. It makes you a little more efficient and overall boosts your mood and in tandem turns the good mood into motivation.
  • anemicroyalty10
    anemicroyalty10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends too. Anyone is welcome to add me
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'd love some friends too! 50 yr old Mom of teenage (eating machines) sons. I've been here 3 weeks and have lost 9 lbs. I've lost before but always seem to get sidetracked after a few months. It would be wonderful to have (and give) some additional support!!!
  • bjaneb
    bjaneb Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 50 here, full time job and trying to figure out the machines at the gym. Quite intimidating!
  • getto10K1991
    getto10K1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can add me too. I finally decided I needed some support. We can check in with each other maybe once every week or so.
  • itsup2memi
    itsup2memi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Me too! On and off the site. ..lost an gained weight. Don't have much support ...need MFP buddies. I have lost 33 lbs tjis year; however, I fid not reset my account so I still show 7 gained. Lol almost there ..to the lost again. :smile: