Are you happy in your job?

Options
124»

Replies

• GrooveMerchant
    GrooveMerchant Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I work with a bunch of yuppies, taking care of other people's money and pushing around paperwork all day long.

One day, I will quit this place in a blaze of glory. And I will make all my money with food and art and will be very happy. For now, I take one for the team.
  • backontheattack
    backontheattack Posts: 3,178 Member
    Options
    @looking4gains
    awesome job :)

I love my job. I am the Director of Legislative and Legal services for a small town. I deal with Mayor and Council, write policies, procedures and bylaws. I handle land development as well. My job is interesting and I love the idea of learning something new every day.

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I used to like my job, now I hate it. I have a "new boss" and he is hell bent on making me miserable. Says good morning and good night to everyone else using their first names (in the same room as me) and completely ignoring that I am even there. I have no idea what I did to him, I have only known him for a month and have never had any sort of problem with him... Who knows, but it really makes every day f-ing miserable.
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to like my job, now I hate it. I have a "new boss" and he is hell bent on making me miserable. Says good morning and good night to everyone else using their first names (in the same room as me) and completely ignoring that I am even there. I have no idea what I did to him, I have only known him for a month and have never had any sort of problem with him... Who knows, but it really makes every day f-ing miserable.

I am truly sorry to hear that. It sucks when your workplace becomes a place of hostility
  • thepicadillomix
    thepicadillomix Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love what I do I manage a cardiac imaging facility , but i wish I could go up higher to make a bit more money, and feel a bit more secure.
  • rosecropper
    rosecropper Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    whmscll wrote: »
    I kmow plenty of nurses who make $100,000+ per year and drive luxury cars.

$100,000+? BSN or MSN RNs quite possibly. LVNs & LPNs not! ADN RNs, probably not.

LPN= Low Paid Nurse
    my coworkers do the almost the same exact job as LPN that I do & get less $$, makes no sense to me.
    As ADN RN I could certainly gross 100k+ if I was willing to pick up enough OT shifts or add home health second job like many others do, but I'm getting too old for that!